By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox one will catch up soon with PS4 and then outsell it in the USA

DD_Bwest said:

how come you dont take the time to back up your argument.  you have said multiple times the xb1 met or exceeded the ps4.  can you kindly show proof?

failure to do so will automatically result in you admitting you are wrong

you can check the X1 sales in the US in the last 4 weeks on the front page yourself.

Around the Network
TheDrill said:
DD_Bwest said:

how come you dont take the time to back up your argument.  you have said multiple times the xb1 met or exceeded the ps4.  can you kindly show proof?

you can check the X1 sales in the US in the last 4 weeks on the front page yourself.

....aaand the significantly more reputable source whose numbers indicate that the PS4 outsold the Xbox One by an even wider margin than this site's own estimations claimed?

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

I knew that PS4 would come out on top despite the removal of Kinect and TheDrill still denies the facts. MS did everything they could with the X1 from bundling the console with one of the most hyped games, giving unofficial pricecuts, taking out the Kinect, to now giving 360 users $75. Nothing is working.

Being outsold by 38% is not close at all, especially when X1's numbers include launch sales of the new SKU. Let's say we guestimate its baseline sales by taking the average of May and June. Baseline sales will be around 137k a month. That's still pretty bad when the PS4 tends to average around 225k a month. If we go by these numbers, the X1 is being outsold by ~64%, which is a big number.

And you're right, TheDrill, this is only the beginning of this generation. It is the beginning of the worse to come for the X1. This year, the PS4 is getting TLOU Remastered, Guilty Gears Xrd -SIGN-, Natural Doctrine, Driveclub, and Destiny. X1 has nothing to counter the PS4 this summer and early fall. Driveclub will compete with FH2 and Halo MCC is mostly bought by people who already have the system. 2015 may became a bloodbath if MS doesn't do anything drastic. Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Santa Monica's new IP, Guerilla Games' new IP, Media Molecule's new IP, MLB The Show 15, Guerrila Cambridge's new game, etc. There is just way too much for MS to counter.

TheDrill said:
DD_Bwest said:

Why are you telling us to look up "data" of a non-credible source? Didn't I tell you to look up the PDF of NPD's methodology earlier in this thread? PS4 outsold the X1 by 72k in June. Period.

And because you failed to back up your argument, you're admitting that you are wrong according to DD_Bwest. You are in no position to debate this.

TheDrill said:
DD_Bwest said:

And those numbers will be changed to closely match the leaked NPD numbers in the next 7 days. Happens every month without fail. 

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
TheDrill said:
DD_Bwest said:

Why are you telling us to look up "data" of a non-credible source? Didn't I tell you to look up the PDF of NPD's methodology earlier in this thread? PS4 outsold the X1 by 72k in June. Period.

I am literally starting to fall under the impression that he sort of just ignores you unless you say something dismissing him personally/insulting/whichever. o.O Seen a couple of times that whenever someone tries saying 'Okay, Imma level with you, here's reasons yadayadayadayadayada, now please, feel free to respond with your counter-points,' he flat out ignores them, or sometimes responds with single-phrase insistences that he is right for 'reasons.' Starting to see how this thread lasted so long if he's avoiding spirited debate like the plague. Saw the same techniques in the Flat Earth Society forums.

(I wish I were joking. -_- )

TheDrill said:
DD_Bwest said:

congradualations you just lost.    weve been over this a hundred times from people on many different sides.  those numbers are ALWAYS crap.   they always get adjusted.   even the mods will tell you NPD is right,    it is the tracking service used by the 3 companies, the same ones that for years told the story of the 360 winning,    there isnt some big conspiracy.

you continue to ignore this,  and until you do, you sit with the same people who think aliens built the pyramids

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Zanten said:
Aura7541 said:

Why are you telling us to look up "data" of a non-credible source? Didn't I tell you to look up the PDF of NPD's methodology earlier in this thread? PS4 outsold the X1 by 72k in June. Period

I am literally starting to fall under the impression that he sort of just ignores you unless you say something dismissing him personally/insulting/whichever. o.O Seen a couple of times that whenever someone tries saying 'Okay, Imma level with you, here's reasons yadayadayadayadayada, now please, feel free to respond with your counter-points,' he flat out ignores them, or sometimes responds with single-phrase insistences that he is right for 'reasons.' Starting to see how this thread lasted so long if he's avoiding spirited debate like the plague. Saw the same techniques in the Flat Earth Society forums.

(I wish I were joking. -_- )

And we're on post #1117 or something like that and TheDrill still does not accept the truth. Before, he had the right to disagree because what we claimed would happen did not happen yet. However, June NPD is out and our predictions came true. Actually, some of us didn't expect the PS4 to outsell the X1 by that large of a margin. At this point, there is no more room for debate. The results are clear and sound. Whatever TheDrill continues to do will only hurt him more and more.

DD_Bwest said:
TheDrill said:
DD_Bwest said:

congradualations you just lost.    weve been over this a hundred times from people on many different sides.  those numbers are ALWAYS crap.   they always get adjusted.   even the mods will tell you NPD is right,    it is the tracking service used by the 3 companies, the same ones that for years told the story of the 360 winning,    there isnt some big conspiracy.

you continue to ignore this,  and until you do, you sit with the same people who think aliens built the pyramids

On the bright side, this thread pretty much accounted for 95% of the reason I decided to join you fine folks. =D So benefits arose!

By the way, when does VGchartz generally make their adjustments? Do they have a specific 'Fix What We Did Wrong' day, or does it just eventually kinda happen?

Aura7541 said:

And we're on post #1117 or something like that and TheDrill still does not accept the truth. Before, he had the right to disagree because what we claimed would happen did not happen yet. However, June NPD is out and our predictions came true. Actually, some of us didn't expect the PS4 to outsell the X1 by that large of a margin. At this point, there is no more room for debate. The results are clear and sound. Whatever TheDrill continues to do will only hurt him more and more.

If you take into account only the weeks of the price cut, not the 1 week before that in the month, X1 outsold slightly thre PS4 in the US.