By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - No hate for Vita? Don't worry, I am here to save the day

How much do you hate the Vita?

I love it. 111 31.53%

I like it. 38 10.80%

I was always indifferent. 37 10.51%

Used to dislike, now indifferent. 12 3.41%

Used to hate, now indifferent. 2 0.57%

Still dislike it. 7 1.99%

Still hate it. 98 27.84%

Can't be bothered to vote. 46 13.07%

Total:351

Too busy playing Knack at my bathroom to read your Vita's love thread...

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

Around the Network

I was so hyped when the vita was first announced... gosh is was such a let down. it was suppose succeed in where the PSP failed, and thats in being a PS3 portable. Nevertheless i still have some interest in the system and will wait till the few good games become dirt cheap and buy em up x).  The PSP was an amazing handheld and honestly the PSVita was a great succesor, IN TERMS OF HARDWARE, but gosh the vita really does goes to show... No games = low sales. Hint* Hint*  Nintend

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

I love my Vita. I play FFXIV on ps4 in a hotel room two states away after work.
PS+ games every month to play.
Leveling up my cards and scoring chicks on Persona4G.
Feeling dem feels on The Walking Dead.
Final Fantasy 10 looks awesome on it. Blitz Ball errry day.

PS Now is going to blow the lid off the Vita. You punks will be lined up around the block to buy it.

Gnac said:

Here is the thread that nearly happened (20th Jan 2014):

The Vita is toast (no pun intended). Why did it fail?

Due to Nintendo being THAT important, their announcement of lowered Wii U forecasts overshadowed everything last week. One victim was the PlayStation Vita which recorded an all-time low for supposedly relevant platforms in NPD's December charts. It sold a measly 95k units during the hottest month of the year on the back of such hits as Killzone: Mercenaries and Tearaway. It's puzzling how a system with such an amazing lineup can do bad, much less fail completely, but here are the reasons to explain Sony's Virtual Boy and why it should have succeeded.

1) PSV is failing because you only like the IDEA of it.
You wanted a successor to the PSP, and it has been here for quite a while now. Why aren't you supporting it? There is hardware which can provide wonderful interactive opportunities, true to Sony's history of innovation. For example, look at how Wonderbook creates a perfect synergy with PSEye, PSMove and other proprietary hardware to create under half a dozen immersive, tactile experiences. PSV Lets you TWIST, FONDLE and GROPE things that no-one can imagine.

2) PSV deserves to perform better than the market gives it credit.
Your support means a lot. Even if you have bought one Stock Keeping Unit, your fight does not end there. Look at Wii U; it has performed according to how much effort Nintendo fans have put into promoting it, and with good reason. Nintendo Fans know that they are on borrowed time. If you were to take a moment to define the metrics by which to measure these two underdogs, it would only be reasonable to conclude that the response to Sony's efforts is way below what they could reasonably expect. This thing doubles every advantage that the 3DS offers, besides the ones that are not considered to be important. Why are you not shouting about this?

3) PSVita TV is an innovative idea which anticipates a more centralised approach to gaming. There is research to imply that the majority of mobile device useage happens while relaxing at home, so you should already be hoarding your back-catalogue in anticipation for this exciting new approach to mobile gaming, safe in the knowledge that confirmation of your right to ownership will let you take your entire game collection wherever you want, in the comfort of your own home.

4) Let's face it; there is a certain untold coolness that comes with using a device with a Sony logo. Compare this to the known reaction of being seen with a toy bearing the Nintendo lozenge. One glance from afar at that rhombic gadget in your hand can make all the difference between dying a great Granddad or a lonely virgin. Jack Tretton will attest to this.
[I didn't really explain why this is bad, did I? 3D IS COOL YO]

5) Sony has learned their lesson. They will continue to provide the hardcore gaming experiences "On the go" that you have craved since the PSP, while offering a wealth of titles from the Indie studios you know and love. [I wanted to make light of "Smart TVs" offering the sort of cheap nuggets that would be expected of smartphones, while hinting at PSVita TV, I dunno. DO THEY even know?]

6) There was too much diversity on the system - As the best-selling games on the PS3 prove, PlayStation gamers want shooters. Sporadic releases of action spectacles don't cut it, so it's no surprise that the Vita sank faster than the Titanic. Tearaway was supposed to be the turning point that converted prospective owners of the platform into gamers that enjoy a broad range of games, but it ended up as the Vita's The Conduit.

I might be crap at seizing the moment, but I am pretty good at preserving the moment so that I may feel even more ashamed for not seizing it.

I'm starting to miss the thread that never was. Oh well, you might be able to use it next year, just switch out the games and insert a dot and you're good to go.

RolStoppable said:

Title is a lie.  I hate on the Vita all the time now days.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
AZWification said:

Star Fox WiiU will probably come out before the Vita TV comes out in America. Just saying...

Dem feels, y u do dis to me ;(

It's OK, Basil! This is how reality tastes. You'll get used to it!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---