By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why didn't MS leave the pricecut and app announcement for their E3 conference?

Fusioncode said:
Because they'll piss off everyone who bought it in May? Of course now very few people are actually going to buy the console this month so I'm not sure the trade off was worth it.

They can still pre-order, whats the difference besides 1 month's NPD

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Because they'll piss off everyone who bought it in May? Of course now very few people are actually going to buy the console this month so I'm not sure the trade off was worth it.

And now they've "pissed off" everyone that bought one in April, I don't really see a difference.

Also seriously people? You really think they couldn't have fit that announcement in without cutting on games? Or just make the conference a tiny bit longer to fit it in? I highly doubt that.

celador said:
Don't understand the 'because E3 is games, games, games' argument. Why not announce it the week before E3 to get the good press going and only have one week of downward sales?

i think they annouced now due to it starting to leak out 

it got leaked. I'm pretty sure. So they had to. Their official statement was that they wanted their E3 to be just about games, so they wanted to get the non game related stuff out of the way. I think that is some pr spin. The information was getting leaked, so they just came out with it early. However, none of it is happening until june, so I'm pretty sure it was meant to be E3 news...

US sales probably dropped off a cliff after Titanfall. They could not wait until E3.

NPDs are this week. I think numbers will look bad for MS, but they can point to the price drop as a reason not to worry.

Around the Network

Because they want this year's E3 to be about upcoming software and not filled with announcements of repairing all the damage they did last E3? I think they simply want to inspire people by showing their changes and price reduction before E3 and then shower the One with software announcements as a nice sprinkle atop the cake at the actual event.

DerNebel said:
Fusioncode said:

And now they've "pissed off" everyone that bought one in April, I don't really see a difference.

Also seriously people? You really think they couldn't have fit that announcement in without cutting on games? Or just make the conference a tiny bit longer to fit it in? I highly doubt that.

We'll see. I'm sure their conference is all planned out by now to the minute though.

I really do not see this being something of E3 worth. Basically MS is saying we feel Kinect is not the product to pin our hopes on. Its not the product we feel make the X1 different from our competition. Instead this move is about provide a price option comparable to the PS4 to stop the bleeding. Its not like this announcement at E3 will suddenly make the X1 sell like the PS4. If anything there will be a decent spike for the people on the fence then maybe a modest bump in weekly sells.

jlmurph2 said:
DerNebel said:

We'll see. I'm sure their conference is all planned out by now to the minute though.

Definitely, but look at the release date of the Kinectless X1, it is the day of their conference, so I'm almost willing to guarantee that they are going to mention the pricecut anyway.

Maybe it really was starting to get leaked as some people are suggesting.

Machiavellian said:
I really do not see this being something of E3 worth. Basically MS is saying we feel Kinect is not the product to pin our hopes on. Its not the product we feel make the X1 different from our competition. Instead this move is about provide a price option comparable to the PS4 to stop the bleeding. Its not like this announcement at E3 will suddenly make the X1 sell like the PS4. If anything there will be a decent spike for the people on the fence then maybe a modest bump in weekly sells.

An official price cut is always E3 worthy.