By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dogs: 900p PS4, 792p X1, both 30fps

fps_d0minat0r said:
Wright said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Wright said:

The lesser evil, which is the drop of graphics in Forza.

So a big visible difference is less evil? ok then.

Well, it sacrifices graphics, but at least achieves 1080p. It doesn't resort to strange techniques that are not native 1080p; which is how the game is advertised.

Hence lying.

So that's why the lesser evil is to sacrifice graphics. But that's just me.

fair enough, everyone has their opinion.

Personally I dont care which method is used if it still looks as clear as 1080p (which everyone agrees on including xbox fans). I'd hate it if KZ was downgraded from what they showed at E3.

Agreed. If the image has the same clarity as 1080p while in motion, then it may as well be. The only on screen downgrade is things like trees give the impression of worse AA, but to be honest a 10 to 30 fps boost for slightly worse looking AA seems like an amazing trade for games that need the extra frames.

Around the Network
Wright said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Wright said:
Zekkyou said:

Giving people a demo to play and saying it's real while knowing it's not is the lesser evil? :p

Well, that's lying as well, so it's a tie here.

yeah as far as statements go.

But then you look at the games and one looks worse than the other from what was shown

Tons of games tend to look worse than when shown, especially on E3. Which there's no shame in admitting that you couldn't fullfill your technical marvels, like in Killzone 2, which brings me back to what I was trying to say: I'd rather have Guerrilla Games doing as best as they can, and not deceiving people because they couldn't get to the objectives proposed. So there's always room for improvement, and at the end of Ps4's lifetime, they can finally release a game with unmatched graphical quality and fidelity. That's how I see it.

That being said, as I said before, I'm not agreeing with giving people demos that do not show the real thing. Even if it is actually a great game and not a Alien Colonial Marines fiasco, it's still a lie.

But you dont understand.... They did meet the objectives proposed. Thats why no-one noticed the difference remember?

Theres no shame in using another method.

There is shame in showing off a game and then just downgrading it because you couldnt be bothered to optimise it and get it looking how it was intended.

and btw the final version of KZ2 looked better than the E3 version. Characters looked more human and had realistic skin and the clouds didnt look cartoony like at E3. The characters models (like armour and clothes) and environments also had extra details added.

Zekkyou said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Wright said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Wright said:

The lesser evil, which is the drop of graphics in Forza.

So a big visible difference is less evil? ok then.

Well, it sacrifices graphics, but at least achieves 1080p. It doesn't resort to strange techniques that are not native 1080p; which is how the game is advertised.

Hence lying.

So that's why the lesser evil is to sacrifice graphics. But that's just me.

fair enough, everyone has their opinion.

Personally I dont care which method is used if it still looks as clear as 1080p (which everyone agrees on including xbox fans). I'd hate it if KZ was downgraded from what they showed at E3.

Agreed. If the image has the same clarity as 1080p while in motion, then it may as well be. The only on screen downgrade is things like trees give the impression of worse AA, but to be honest a 10 to 30 fps boost for slightly worse look AA seems like an amazing trade for games that need the extra frames.

And during most of the time previous to KZ:SF release they said 1080p30fps on SP and that they would do what they could to hit 60fps but the graphics would suffer a downgrade (1080p60fps wasn't ever promissed) but at the end they managed it with less downgrade than most tough would happen. If KZ:SF single player at 1080p30fps uses the full power when hitting double frame rates some other parts should give like half of their performance and that was the rendering of 1920 that was done half each frame and other half were predicted (cost some computational power, but they could fit).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

fps_d0minat0r said:

But you dont understand.... They did meet the objectives proposed. Thats why no-one noticed the difference remember?

There is shame in showing off a game and then just downgrading it because you couldnt be bothered to optimise it and get it looking how it was intended.

and btw the final version of KZ2 looked better than the E3 version. Characters looked more human and had realistic skin and the clouds didnt look cartoony like at E3. The characters models (like armour and clothes) and environments also had extra details added.

Bolded: I'm talking about 2005 E3.

DonFerrari said:

Killzone 6??? Expeculating on future games? And even DF tough it was 1080p at first. And it wasn't 960i (on KZ4) but you can keep telling yourself that. DF article were clear the end image was always 1920x1080p, just the way to achieve that on MP was generating 960x1080p and "guessing" the other 960x1080p part that is in no place a 960i resolution. I bet you know that but is provoking.

And what do you say about the Xbox fans that in previous gen always bragged by minute advantages the X360 had in some multiplats and now pretend resolution is nothing?

I don't care what DF thought at first. Or what excuses you want to make to have the game qualify as 1080p.

And I don't care about what someone maybe might have said here 2-8 years ago. I care about what I have said, that's about it.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
DonFerrari said:

Killzone 6??? Expeculating on future games? And even DF tough it was 1080p at first. And it wasn't 960i (on KZ4) but you can keep telling yourself that. DF article were clear the end image was always 1920x1080p, just the way to achieve that on MP was generating 960x1080p and "guessing" the other 960x1080p part that is in no place a 960i resolution. I bet you know that but is provoking.

And what do you say about the Xbox fans that in previous gen always bragged by minute advantages the X360 had in some multiplats and now pretend resolution is nothing?

I don't care what DF thought at first. Or what excuses you want to make to have the game qualify as 1080p.

And I don't care about what someone maybe might have said here 2-8 years ago. I care about what I have said, that's about it.

And what you said?? I'm not giving excuses, but the game is still 1080p. If you want to discuss they not being clear on what their game was achieving no problem.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

zero129 said:

could sony be sued for false advertisment??.

Doubtful, the game hasn't released yet, and Sony removed that line on their website.  I suppose 'maybe' the folks who ordered as soon as they saw that, might have a case, but they'd have to prove they pre-ordered because they saw the 1080p60 blurb.

Wright said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

I know, so am I.

edit:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwrp9hndH_U

Just look at the character models, they look fractionally better than PS2 games (especially the helghast) and the faces are like they were making a pixar film. The final version was much more impressive. The lighting and explotions are other areas which were significantly improved.

fps_d0minat0r said:
Wright said:

I know, so am I.

Okay, then.