By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix’s Publishes its 2014 Development List

Due to its unexpected financial victories encountered in 2013, Square Enix is preparing games such as on Final Fantasy Agito, Kingdom Hearts, and other mobile games for 2014.

Square Enix has revealed its financial results of the previous fiscal year (which has ended on March 31st) and a lot of known franchises appeared in their future plans. A few exciting titles for passionate gamers, which are about the be released this year are Final Fantasy Agito, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix, and the Chinese release of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Final Fantasy Agito represents “a full‐scale Final Fantasy title for smartphones” and will be launched in Japan this year. It will constitute an entry point to the Fabula Nova Crystallis, series that started with Final Fantasy XIII.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix will be also released this year, the company promised. The high-definition remastered collectionwill contain titles such as Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, and a fantastic cinematic version of Kingdom Hearts Re:coded for PlayStation 3. It’s possible that the release date would be announced during E3 happening this June.

The report released by Square Enix showing their raised interest on “accelerating the development cycles” and “smart devices as a game platform”. There will be a few last year’s mobile games which are planned for the next year. However, titles like Drakengard 3, Murdered: Soul Suspect, and also the free-to-play Nosgoth are expected to be launched this year.

The financial success that Square Enix had last year is mainly thanks to great sales of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Thief, and Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition. The 2013 net sales met a 5% increase than the previous year.

Source: Square Enix Holdings

http://www.pointgames.net/games-consoles/square-enixs-publishes-2014-development-list

Around the Network

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn FTW!

*evil laugh*

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

"Final Fantasy Agito represents “a full‐scale Final Fantasy title for smartphones

Great... I suppose there isn't any chance for a 3ds or Vita port? (Provided its any good that is) :(

And I guess this means that FFXV or KH3 won't be releasing this year which I kinda expected... So that gets crossed off my list of reasons to get a ps4/x1 in 2014 unless e3 has some unexpected surprises. Anyways Next!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Sigh, reading this makes me sad.

those kingdom heart remixes need to come to ps4 asap. tomb raider's performance was "favorable" afterall. :P

Around the Network

Old school Square was so good.

Actually, the whole Japanese scenario is pretty depressing.Square, Konami and Capcom have become a sad joke compared to how they were in the 90s.How come they all seemed to really start sucking around the same time (beginning of last gen)?

What could I say when the Wii U didn't get those games?

Come on SE. Type-0 out West.

So you guys think FF15 will get to 2016 and make it 10 years after the first reveal?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Final Fantasy 7 - 1997
Saga Frontier - 1998
Xenogears - 1998
Brave Fencer Musashi - 1998
Parasite Eve - 1998
Final Fantasy 8 - 1999
Final Fantasy 9 - 2000
Vagrant Story - 2000

Look at that output!

Konami and Capcom were much better too...now, I can understand fewer games as budgets increased, but why is it that the QUALITY also went down in a big way?