By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Mario Kart 8 isn't going to help boost sales of the Wii U huh?

bubblegamer said:

I think the system will not reach 10 million this year though, even with the push this game will provide. Though i expect Mario Kart to play a bigger role in pushing the console sales in the holiday season actually. Nintendo games experience '"relaunches" in the holiday season, i guess it's all the parents buying stuff for their kids, which is something they've always had, even with the WiiU.

I'm not betting on 10m either, but it's possible if they don't mess up, which unfortunately they do a lot these days.

Around the Network

MK8 Console bundle on Amazon (hourly best seller list):

UK:  279

Germany: 147

France: 207

Italy: 1124

Spain: 2972

curl-6 said:
bubblegamer said:

I think the system will not reach 10 million this year though, even with the push this game will provide. Though i expect Mario Kart to play a bigger role in pushing the console sales in the holiday season actually. Nintendo games experience '"relaunches" in the holiday season, i guess it's all the parents buying stuff for their kids, which is something they've always had, even with the WiiU.

I'm not betting on 10m either, but it's possible if they don't mess up, which unfortunately they do a lot these days.

Pachter actually said this will be the first time Nintendo is going to exceed it's expectations. So make of that what you will :D

Maybe he knows something we don't. If only the gamestop guy would let us know what kinda pre-orders they have for this game.

bubblegamer said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
bubblegamer said:
curl-6 said:
Nobody in their right mind thinks MK8 won't move hardware.

It will move hardware, but not a ressurgence. Not even close. The console won't see 100K per week, not even on launch week.

So let me get this straight. You actually believe that MK8 wont help move 100K Wii U's for it's launch week? Are you being serious?

Do you see me laughing? Of course i'm serious. It's like you haven't seen the state of the console we're talking about!!

I'm well aware of state the Wii U is in right now. I just find your prediction (or lack of one) utterly absurd. Even SM3DW managed to  boost sales over 100K and that game had nowhere near the appeal or hype of MK8. There is also no way on earth that there will not be 100K weeks in November/December.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

DerNebel said:

MK8 Console bundle on Amazon (hourly best seller list):

UK:  279

Germany: 147

France: 207

Italy: 1124

Spain: 2972

well i hope it goes up as release draws near

Personally i just wish the releases were inverted; X or Bayonetta 2 or Fatal frame now and MK8 later...that way i'd be joining the WiiU nation too ;(

Around the Network
Dadrik said:
I sincerely hope MK8 will resurrect the WiiU.
It really pains me to see Nintendo struggling that much.

After what they did to Smash, Paper Mario, and Pokemon Collesium. I must admit I have little sympathy for them right now.

I'm personally waiting for Smash 4.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
bubblegamer said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
bubblegamer said:
curl-6 said:
Nobody in their right mind thinks MK8 won't move hardware.

It will move hardware, but not a ressurgence. Not even close. The console won't see 100K per week, not even on launch week.

So let me get this straight. You actually believe that MK8 wont help move 100K Wii U's for it's launch week? Are you being serious?

Do you see me laughing? Of course i'm serious. It's like you haven't seen the state of the console we're talking about!!

I'm well aware of state the Wii U is in right now. I just find your prediction (or lack of one) utterly absurd. Even SM3DW managed to  boost sales over 100K and that game had nowhere near the appeal or hype of MK8. There is also no way on earth that there will not be 100K weeks in November/December.

Of course it will do that in november and december, i was talking about the month of may.

tuscaniman99 said:

No it still costs to much for what it is. Smash Bros isn't nearly as big of a game as Mario Kart either. I don't know why people (OP included) think Smash will push a console. Maybe in Japan it might push some WiiUs.

Edit: After reading this article it seems a huge Nintendo fanboy wrote it. Who actually believes this?

I'll be back for the Smash Bros release when it sells out preorders Worldwide. Lol.

I hope it will boost WiiU sales. If it isnt what else could be?

Holy crap! As anyone seen these MK8 pre-orders. They've surpassed Watchdogs and Destiny on both 7th gen systems.