By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony explains why the Dualshock 4 lightbar exists.

Virtual Reality and Project Morpheus?

It is awesome! CanĀ“t wait! 72 26.77%

Scares me, will alienate ... 4 1.49%

Just a fad, will fail. 192 71.38%

Total:268
Zappykins said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

I think its still pretty useless... They couldn't have a simple off switch for it? I mean come on, I doubt everyone is gonna buy that VR thing anyway.. Why not just have a simple on and off button to turn it off for the people that dont want it?

Also, did you know that puppies die everytime someone puts caps on the title? Something to think about loll

Sorry about the Caps, I will keep that in mind =D

I guess the on-off thingy would increase costs or something, doesn´t make much sense to me either =/

It's ok, they weren't very nice puppies.  They bit people.

Those bastards! I am glad they´re dead them!

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Without the light, how would I find my controller when my kids hide it?

celador said:

I haven't used the Dualshock 4 so I don't know if it gets annoying or not, but at least it's all been planned out

I never notice it.

It is there because the camera was supposed to be bundled. That is why it is always on because with the camera bundled you would have it hooked up. Don't understand why this is so hard to grasp for many.

At E3 last year the first pictures Sony showed of the PS4 had the camera included int he picture. Then the later pictures showed the same picture, but with no camera in the shot.

They removed it to lower the price point.

I really don't care if the lightbar is there or not. It's not like the controller is more expensive as a result. People who do are making a big deal out of nothing.

Around the Network
rolltide101x said:
Nem said:
WagnerPaiva said:
the-pi-guy said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
so what, light off our riot?

That's the plan.  

I hope Sony stick to their guns on this one, I have the PS4 and love the lightbar thing. People are becoming bullies toward Sony because they alwayd listen, they got to stand their ground sometimes, like MS and Nintendo do.

Really, why should they hold their ground against giving a choice? If you like it, keep it on. But let those that dont, turn it off.

I dont see why we should be forced to keep on a light that server no practical purpose.

It does serve a purpose..... As I said before it is cool in the few games that utilize it correctly. As time goes on more will do it.... You seem WAAAAY to worried about this.

It is hilarious when someone is playing Killzone and they get shot and the red light is flashing red with the controller vibration simulating a heartbeat. They look down and see if they get hit again they are dead. It just adds to immersion.

This is a pretty impractical purpose, taking your eyes off of the screen in a competative fps, the on screen cues would serve this purpose much better anyhow. 

Also i dont know if its just me but i get about 12 hours of play out of ds4. I dont know whether to attrivute this to the LED sucking the life out of it or just a poor battery implementation by sony. This is in contrast to the xbox one controller which i get 2 weeks to a month of play out of. Over all the light only bothers me if it is indeed said light that is causing my DS4 to drain so quickly. From what i read its not uncommon to need a charge every 1 - 2 days.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

rolltide101x said:
Nem said:

I'm  sorry, but everyone i trust dislikes it. I know exactly what it is cause i have it and i really want to put the tomb raider torch lights in front of your eyes for 5 minutes to see how you would feel. Your statement is ridiculous, maybe because you dont have a game that does it worse or because your eye sight is already damaged so you dont even notice it.

Still, none of it matters in front of battery life. Its the most important thing.

Eh, out of 10+ people I personally know with (a decent amount of) experience  with it they all enjoy it. Why do you try to make your opinion a fact? If you do not like it fine but quit pretending everyone who does like it is wrong.

Why do YOU make your opinion sound like fact? There is no logical support for '"i like the light just cause". Maybe admit that theres people that don't and they have a point? It's pretty obvious they exist in great numbers. If you like the light you merely keep it on. Its not rocket science.

I like the lightbar. It helps light up my place,during my rare night time gaming sessions.

TheKoreanGuy said:
I really don't care if the lightbar is there or not. It's not like the controller is more expensive as a result. People who do are making a big deal out of nothing.

Agree, it is mostly Xbox fans that never even touched the PS4. Even the battery thing is bull...,  my dualshock 4 battery life lasts a eon...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.