By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Insominiac biting the feeding hand?

LurkerJ said:
DonFerrari said:
LurkerJ said:

And they delivered many games in return, more than any other first party studio. They expected SONY to grant them the IP rights. SONY didn't. The guy is stil butthurt over it and he said what he said.

I tough you said I was butthurt about the case... now that I understand the comment is because he may be butthurt over sony that is a possibility (not very professional any way), and I agree the partnership was good for Sony (don't know how good it was for Insominiac).

I am butthurt too. I want the PS4 to do well. Seeing people excited for this game makes me think SONY made a mistake. What I've seen from it didn't get me excited, personally. 

PS4 will do well, and would be good to keep good relations with Insominiac, but I do agree that Sony have been not aggressive on making deals for exclusivity on the release window of PS4, maybe they are trying to make sure PS4 is profitable from the get go and are cost advert.

Well maybe the game gets better, I like Insominiac and would like them to suceed.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

They release their games on whatever platform their current publisher wants it to, so no. And just to stay on topic, this game looks like a lot of fun to me, currently the most promising game on Xbone I can't play on PS4.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Azerth said:
i dont see the big deal sony probably didnt want to do as much as ms was willing to do. no where does he personally bash sony since he could also be referring to ea, and activision.

So true, the pretty girls only want to do it missionary style, or worse yet just spoon. The ugly ones are prepared to give blowjobs.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

DonFerrari said:

http://gearnuke.com/insomniac-games-explain-sunset-overdrive-exclusive-xbox-one-microsoft-terrific-partners/

By direct connection if Sunset Overdrive is exclusive to MS because they are terrific partners are they infering that Sony are bad partners? Are they bad mouthing the company that kept them fed for quite some time?

Crap. You can't say that if one is good, the other is bad. Just perhaps "not so good". Or not even thinking about the other one. Just for the point alone, MS is a terrific partner for Insomniac. Doesn't mean Sony wouldn't be.

daredevil.shark said:
Microsoft gave insomniac what they wanted. Freedom to be independent, ownership of the IP and resources. What else can be this good.

Does that mean we can expect a sequel on the PS4 :O!?

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

Around the Network
ImmortalHelixFossil said:
daredevil.shark said:
Microsoft gave insomniac what they wanted. Freedom to be independent, ownership of the IP and resources. What else can be this good.

Does that mean we can expect a sequel on the PS4 :O!?

Nope. Microsoft gave them the right to own the IP. But they are not stupid. Probably the trilogy (sunset overdrive) will be exclusive. PS4 has lots of games. Why do you want it in to PS4? Please dont start a titanfall like situation.

It's disgusting to me. They are traitors. Without Sony, they would probably be gone now.

I just hope Sunset wouldn't end up like Titanfall

fallen said:
badgenome said:

Since Microsoft is feeding them now, no, they aren't.

I can understand why they're so keen on owning their IPs now. It has to suck that everything they worked on for the past decade plus belongs to Sony. That said, Insomniac aren't what they used to be and the footage of Sunset Overdrive is really disappointing to me.

Insomniac was never very good, they were just said to be good because they were Sony exclusive, and Sony has so many fans who automatically praise any sony exclusive.

once they went multiplat they no longer had that effect, so people were free to say the truth about their games.

That said, SO actually looks kinda cool, amd I dislike cartoony art, but it looks cool renough to overcome that maybe.

Wrong. People did like resistance: FOM when it released. Ratchet has its diehard fans so the first ratchet to come out people would probabaly like. Resistance 2 was hyped because of this bullshot

and this bullshot

Those graphics withe the gameplay from the fall of man is what people thought they were going to get. Instead we got this

and this

With gameplay that was nothing like the first. The second was a hash between one and two so it was alo meh.

I would argue the only high quality game they did last gen was Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time. The only thing impressive about insomniac is the workrate.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

DonFerrari said:
Zekkyou said:
Aren't MS footing the entire bill for SO? Both for the game itself and marketing?

Pretty sure i read that somewhere in the XB Nation thread today.

This is what I said in my OP, but the article try to sound like it's just because of IP ownership (and if it is exclusive to one platform, what difference ownership of the IP makes???).

it makes a big difference. if insomniace ever got another deal or decided to make another game. Microsoft cant continue with the franchise. the only way they would do so is by buying the IP. same with what happened with gears, which means probably spending a lot of money just to get the rights to the franchise.