By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - For those whose only current gen console is Wii U!

Which library of games is enticing you more; the PS4 or Xbox One?

Xbox One 266 40.30%

PS4 285 43.18%

I don't own a Wii U / See results 104 15.76%

Total:655

Even from their reveals, I found Xbone to have the better launch library of the two. Nothing has changed; Killzone and Infamous do nothing for me, and I played Knack but found it to be horrendous. Dead Rising 3 and PVZ at least look like a bit of fun. I've only managed to play Titanfall on the Xbone, not bad but not for me.

Overall, I'm very happy with my Wii U.

Around the Network

Last generation was the Wii360. This gen is only the Wii U. Between PS4 & X1, it's the X1. Halo does it for me then any PS4 offerings.

PS4 has the Order, Uncharted, and The Last of Us.

If there's that PS3 backwards service, I may just get one for Christmas, assuming Mario Kart 8 doesn't tide over all my gaming needs for all of eternity.

Neither one yet. I will probably just end up WiiU + PC for most of this gen.
I might purchase one of them near the end of the gen when the price is right.

Ps4! I have ps3, psvita, and ps plus! So i can get a lot of free games from 3 system! Simple as that. And i hate Xbone xp

Around the Network

According to the poll, 110 people on this site have a WiiU? Please... I'd just go by the comments.

If they ever decide to do the smart thing and forget about Kingdom Hearts III for Xbone and leave it on PS4, with a Wii U port, I'd be happy to just keep the Wii U and my PC, but in any case, the PS4 will have more quality games. Plus, it doesn't feel like Sony is trying to continuously rape their fanbase for money at every chance they get, unlike what MS does with their ridiculous paywall policies. That, and I'm sick of EVERYTHING being sponsored by Xbox One. It's obscene. Spin off the division, and let it die. It's a cancer to gaming.

JRPGs and eastern style games in general have more creativity in general, so the eastern systems would do it for me.

Sareth said:
Neither really. I would rather get a good gaming PC than either of those.

Yeah. Make much more sense. As the GPU advances that fast you can already built a PC for 400 bucks which is as powerful as a PS4. And you can upgrade in one or two years to a GPU which can handle the  GDC '14 engines demos while PS4 and XOne can't handle the GDC '12 engine demos...

It's a shame how less you get for your money when you buy a PS4 or XOne compared to actual PCs. PS3 and 360 where a much higher value and comparable PCs costed many times of them. PS4 and XOne where only a few bucks cheaper. Now with NVidia new Maxwell generation those "next gen" consoles already begin to look old. And when you put in a Nvidia-GSync enabled monitor into the game - they look outdated...

sepoer said:
Ps4! I have ps3, psvita, and ps plus! So i can get a lot of free games from 3 system! Simple as that. And i hate Xbone xp

As free as in "free beer"? 

Nope. You've to pay to play them. And if you cancel your PS+ subscription your games are gone...

BraveNewWorld said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
Wait till E3, then ask after it which library entices you more.

I, and I can assume many others, will contiune to wait as the libraries develop. I'm more talking about the current released/announced libraries rather than what almost certainly lies ahead. (ie. new God of War and new Halo)

Yep, when the consoles get around $250 on sale I'll consider getting one. So as you can see I've got a while.