By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - For those whose only current gen console is Wii U!

Which library of games is enticing you more; the PS4 or Xbox One?

Xbox One 266 40.30%

PS4 285 43.18%

I don't own a Wii U / See results 104 15.76%

Total:655
archbrix said:
So far, both system's libraries are quite underwhelming to me. Actually, I had a lot of fun playing Titanfall on my friend's XB1, but unfortunately, I'm just not big on online multiplayer games. And nothing on PS4 interests me so far.

However, I'd have to base this on what we know they have in store for the future and in that regard PS4 wins for me. Unless XB1 surprises me with a new really good Banjo and Blastcorps, I don't see anything on the console outshining Uncharted (and to a lesser extent, God of War) on Sony's system.

What do you think of Sunset Overdrive?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

PS4 but because i don't like shooter game, and i like indie game, and i love jrpg and i see them comming more on ps4.

cfin2987@gmail.com said:
Ryudo said:
Neither. WiiU has the best library right now.
I will get a PS4 when it has more weird niche games and Japanese games. XBO ugh...no

First statement: agreed

Second statement: Why buy an underpowered restricted PC when you could just buy a PC/ Linux box?

Because you can not get a machine comparable to the PS4 for 400$

and a Linux box? Are you kidding me? I am a Ubuntu user and I know SteamBox is going to flop hard. There are pretty much 0 AA/AAA games on Linux

I own a WiiU. Currently I'm not planning to buy X1 or PS4. I just don't see games that will appeal to me on them.

Neither of them, but if i changed my mind i would get Xbox One

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
Wait till E3, then ask after it which library entices you more.

Agree, I will do nothing till E3, there is not that much being released these days anyway...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

As i buy a console because of the current and not the future lineup i would buy neither XBOne nor PS4 at the moment.
If I HAD to choose, i would take XBOne because of Killer Instinct.

Both consoles are pretty much not worth buying at the moment, as the most games you can still buy for PS360.
There is no exclusive game which really wants me to buy either of this consoles.

In my Opinion WiiU has at the moment the - by far! - best exclusive games lineup.
Unfortunately the most gamers just seem to care about AC, CoD, ... (Action/Shooter in general) and Fifa ... so you can manage to sell consoles without really having a good exclusive lineup.

Ps4 because Tales. But I won't buy it in near future. Both libraries are not really appealing right now. But the Ps4 will be more japanese orientated and that's what I want.

Xone will probably continue the MS tradition of being a shooterbox, so I am not that interested.
PS4 have the potential for some funny japanese games, so it is a better choice for me.

bfydik said:

Wiiu owners should buy an xbone or ps4 to satisfy their gaming needs coz ninty as of now under delivers in the games department

Not true at all.

You're confusing "having trouble getting games out in a timely manner" with "under delivers in the games department", which is inferring that the games we HAVE gotten aren't high enough quality. Which couldn't be farther from the truth. NSMBU, Lego City, Pikmin 3, W101, WWHD, SM3DW, and DKCR2, all very high quality titles, all Nintendo published. The eShop's queue of upcoming indie titles just gets longer and longer and longer, many of which are either Wii U/PC only, or straight up Wii U only. And Nintendo's actual retail releases are going to get more frequent as well, now that many of these titles that have had plenty of time in the cooker, are now nearing/reaching completion.

Nintendo obviously had an issue with underestimating their own development management abilities when it came to the lead-up to Wii U's launch. That much is certain, and plain to everyone. If you ask me, they focused too much of their development efforts on 3DS over a certain span of time, and didn't spread that effort out evenly across both consoles. A game like Luigi's Mansion 2, easily could have, and arguably should have, been made and released for Wii U instead. Wii U certainly could have used a high profile title like that (not to mention any title) in early 2013. And while they did manage to push out several high quality releases in the last few months of 2013, it's fairly obvious that they still don't quite have the problem licked in 2014, as they more than obviously pushed DKCR2 back just to have a "big" title released in the first quarter.

But games like Bayonetta 2, X, Yarn Yoshi, etc., have been in development for years, they've had plenty of time to get finished, and thus hopefully will all be seeing release in the months following MK8's launch and E3. E3 should also no doubt reveal several other titles, some to release in 2014, that we have not yet even heard about. But regardless, to refute your claim, while there is a general unhappiness with the rate at which Nintendo has been able to get their own published titles out the door this gen, and of course the diminished third party support (as opposed to launch, when it was healthy), the general consensus of most Wii U owners I've ever talked to, is that they're perfectly happy with the system itself, the controller, and at least some of the games they have bought for it. Usually Nintendo published games (as they tend to be of a fairly high caliber anyway).

On the flip side of that, even if I had had the money to buy a PS4 at launch, I must tell you honestly, there would have been almost nothing at all that I really would have wanted for it, and as I stated previously, there still as yet isn't anything that would really make me want to get the system. So I'd have to say, I think I made the right move in buying a Wii U as my "next gen console of choice", because even through the bumps in the road, there are definitely some great games around the corner for it, indie AND retail.