By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PAL Hardware Sales for April 2014 - Insiderp

Because they were right with 7 million PS4 sales and 1 million ISS sales, I'm going to post this:

E3 is around the corner and we will be bringing you some juicy leaks weeks in advance. But prior to that, it is time to update our visitors on the monthly Euro sales of Xbox One and PS4 in April, 2014. We have gotten the numbers for almost all PAL territories. As expected UK was the only region where Xbox One did manage to fight the PS4, and lost out by a few thousand units. In Germany, PS4 outsold Xbox One 7:1 and 6:1 in both France and Italy. In Spain, PS4 outsold Xbox One 10:1 for the month of April, 2014. 

PAL Hardware sales - April,2014

PS4 - 297,000 units

Xbox One - 76,000 units (UK represents more than 70% of the sales)

*Infamous : Second Son sold 600,000 copies in PAL (Digital represents 23% of the overall sales)

*Killzone : SF reached 1.5 million in PAL (includes Digital and bundled copies)

http://insiderp.com/pal-hardware-sales-april-2014.html

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Yay my favorite website!

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Yay my favorite website!

LOL. I pondered for a long long time about posting this but then I thought 'what the hell, surely we can discuss whether they're correct like adults'. We'll see.

The PS5 Exists. 

The numbers to sound reasonable though.

As much as I hate Insiderp, Ill not lock this. I am gonna edit your title so people know what it is, though.

Around the Network
Nem said:
The numbers to sound reasonable though.

Yeah, that's why I posted it. What is the data Nintendo use for Europe? I can't remember the name of the company or where to find that information.

The PS5 Exists. 

They weren't right.

They first said Infamous had over a million pre orders, but then when reporting their sales the game apparently only reached a million after 8 days, they also claimed that the game had 40k more digital pre orders than it actually had digital sales in the first week according to themselves.

Regarding PS4, they just claim that the PS4 was actually already at 7.2 million when Sony reported 7 million and then say that that makes them right because they reported 7 million at March 28th. Problem is that Sony has reported 2.1m and 4.2m milestones before so there is no logical reason to think that they would report over 7.2 million as over 7 million.

Don't give them any clicks.

DerNebel said:
They weren't right.

They first said Infamous had over a million pre orders, but then when reporting their sales the game apparently only reached a million after 8 days, they also claimed that the game had 40k more digital pre orders than it actually had digital sales in the first week according to themselves.

Regarding PS4, they just claim that the PS4 was actually already at 7.2 million when Sony reported 7 million and then say that that makes them right because they reported 7 million at March 28th. Problem is that Sony has reported 2.1m and 4.2m milestones before so there is no logical reason to think that they would report over 7.2 million as over 7 million.

You realize that's entirely plausible since pre-orders get cancelled often.

They're pretty close to the XBO numbers on here but have about 100K more than on here for PS4, the numbers they have are just above the ones we have for January so I am skeptical.

whatever said:
DerNebel said:
They weren't right.

You realize that's entirely plausible since pre-orders get cancelled often.

No, it is not plausible at all.

40k people cancelling their digital pre-order a week before release is plausible to you?

And how many people would have needed to cancel their normal pre order as well for this to work out? After all not everybody pre orders their games, many people just buy their games first week without doing that. So keeping that in mind probably about 200k people would have needed to cancel their pre order at the last minute for this insiderp stuff to work out. Not plausible.