By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DriveClub’s upgrade program is anti-consumer and a slap in the face to PS4 fans #NoExcuse

Driveclub, What to do?

a) https://twitter.com/yosp; Ask Yoshida 49 56.98%

b) become hypocrite; Defe... 7 8.14%

c) do nothing, (followed ... 10 11.63%

d) be ignorant; get explo... 17 19.77%

Total:83
FATALITY said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
FATALITY said:

dont waste your time with him just see his post history.

Is that your response everytime someone offers a counterargument you don't like?

You cannot justify it so instead you try to attack me Ad Hominem?

yeah i ''sonynet'' am attacking you

I hope you realize that "SonyNet", "SonyChartz" or any of its deritatives is parody, making fun of those who claim that Sony is buying positive PR.

This is the first time I have ever argued against something Sony has done while on this site, because they have been making relatively all the right moves until now. I take no prisoners and I do not discriminate.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Porcupeth said:
it's just an option
buy the full game if you don't want the limitation
save 10 bucks if you don't mind the limitation

simple. No problem.

Buy all the character's if you don't want to only play Jago

save money if you don't mind only playing Jago

simple. No problem.

The free character changes over time ya know?

Porcupeth said:
smroadkill15 said:
That really is a crappy purchase model that Ps4 owners should protest against. If Driveclub gets away with it, what's stopping Sony from doing it with other games? This is a form of DRM if you think about. If your internet goes out, there is no way to play the game you payed for.

Can people not read?

How is this so hard to understand? I already summed it up a few pages back, it's exactly like I said. It's an option on top of the usual ways of buying the game. Normally there are 2, here there are 3, including those traditional 2.

lol 

and u think they didnt understand 

ha ha ha ha 

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

pokoko said:
Something isn't right. This does not sound viable. I'm going to wait until I read the official upgrade proposal before I judge. It just doesn't make any real sense.

The only explanation I can come up with otherwise would be if Drive Club is an 'online only' game, in which case you would have to have PS+ anyway and the whole complaint is moot.

I checked before I even decided how to react to it. The game has single player.

http://gamingbolt.com/driveclub-interview-ps4-advantages-dedicated-servers-customisation-club-progress-and-more

Is there some  fixed structure for the single player?

Yes there is, we have a championship mode that you can playthrough. It also has a good deal of gameplay so if you choose to play offline you won’t be disappointed.

Ergo the PS+ version's Single player requires PS+ even if its offline. PS+ free games like resogun can be played offline but the expire with PS as well.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Since the game is available on disc then the only part that I see as bad is that millions will buy the game without realizing the PS+ tie in to the digital version.

But since this is a game that requires online gameplay to really be of any use and online gameplay in itself requires PS+... what is the bad thing here again?

Around the Network

Ok, so buy the game, and play offline whenever you want.
No issue.

If this is accurate that is a bad decision by Sony, but I think there is still a good chance that it's a miscomunication (+ the dev teams don't handle that side of the business) as previously all ps+ content you paid money for was yours to keep/access even after ps+ ran out.

But that upgrade really is too expensive. I personally expected it to be 30 or at most 40 $/€, but 50 just seems excessive.

Porcupeth said:
Ok, so buy the game, and play offline whenever you want.
No issue.

Options...

I don't think it's going to have that big an impact, because most people will keep their PS+ subscriptions, if they start them, but it is definitely anti-consumer, and it begs the question, do you really own the content? I mean if something happens and Playstation changes it's online infrastructure so you have to subscribe to a new service instead, what'll happen to Drive Club? I realize some people will defend this because it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but it's the principle of the thing. They're basically disguising software as a service to people so that people dumb enough to miss it or too poor to be able to shell out the extra money for the ownable version will be screwed over. It's not right.

Lafiel said:
If this is accurate that is a bad decision by Sony, but I think there is still a good chance that it's a miscomunication (+ the dev teams don't handle that side of the business) as previously all ps+ content you paid money for was yours to keep/access even after ps+ ran out.

But that upgrade really is too expensive. I personally expected it to be 30 or at most 40 $/€, but 50 just seems excessive.

Sony has shown time and time again that they will listen to consumers. The issue is nobody, at least here, is taking offense with it. And if the informed gamers of VGChartz don't see the problem with it, how in the hell are the less informed going to know the difference?

That makes no sense.