By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Looking for top men on VGC to join secret analysis group

Pardon the title, it's meant for hits.

On Tuesday IDC came out with a 73 page report detailing what they expect to happen over the course of the generation in terms of sales.
It doesn't take a spurge to see that 51m ps4's sold by 2016 is a pretty fanciful number. IDC is a professional analsyt group that sells their data and analysis.

I believe we could be doing a much better job.

So, I'm looking for some of the best and brightest to form a new group dedicated to observing trends and predicting sales. Through sheer merit of the 10-week countdown and NPD prediction threads, I already know of a few.

The goal is to create a group, discuss ideas, and write our own sales analyses...starting out just for fun and sport, and possibly later evolving into something more serious.

Goals will be gathering data, identifying which significant events influenced sales. This will take research. Typically, we will go through one year and with data in hand scour the web to find what made sales go up from one week to the next. Using this set of influential factors, on top of our own ideas about trends, and predictive capabilities on price-drops, remodels, and games releases, I believe we can estimate with the best of them.

This takes an extremely objective mind, as well as creativity and business sense. Anyone is free to join and prove their merit. :D

Once we've found a group of starting members, I'll create a new thread for discussion, and we'll go from there.

As always, thanks for reading.
-Prof

Around the Network

interesting

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

That is a lot of unpaid work.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Squirtle Squirtle (There is no site in the internet that is as unbiased as this one. Sadly I'm not one of those people so I will decline your offer but wish you the best.)

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

OP: You should change the title of the thread, clever and funny it might be but it's hardly appropriate. *-*

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
OP: You should change the title of the thread, clever and funny it might be but it's hardly appropriate. *-*

Also, it causes some people to come in here under false pretenses and leave disappointed.

I wish you luck.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

badgenome said:
Mummelmann said:

Also, it causes some people to come in here under false pretenses and leave disappointed.

That is the absolute worst part!

Fusioncode said:
That is a lot of unpaid work.

Yeah, like we've been doing for years. You don't even want to know how much work I put into my sales predictions and trend analysis. Hundreds of hours.

Why not get paid for it, and distribute the work evenly? That is the logical solution here.

Mummelmann said:
badgenome said:
Mummelmann said:

That is the absolute worst part!

Sorry guys, but hey, tell your friends or at least keep it in mind. You notice anyone with mad skills send them my way. Thanks :D