By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire announced

I've heard the third gen games are considered the worst of the mainline games. Is this true?

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
I've heard the third gen games are considered the worst of the mainline games. Is this true?

They are treated as the worst but they aren't really, they sold the least for what it's worth.  Genuine criticisms are the loss of night day cycle, too much of the exploration being water/HM dependant and a larger focus on new pokemin to the detriment of Elite four rosters.

There are subjective complaints such as music and design of the new pokemon.

burninmylight said:

To me, that's Gen IV easily.

Hoenn is a good fun region.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

starts singing *oh happy day*

TM25 said:
burninmylight said:

They are treated as the worst but they aren't really, they sold the least for what it's worth.  Genuine criticisms are the loss of night day cycle, too much of the exploration being water/HM dependant and a larger focus on new pokemin to the detriment of Elite four rosters.

There are subjective complaints such as music and design of the new pokemon.

...Nearly all of which can be corrected with this remake!

Around the Network

DO WANT.

Who could have possibly foreseen such an unpredictable development?!

BraLoD said:
Fusioncode said:
BraveNewWorld said:

I agree with those calling mega evolutions.

I don't think so, their designs haven't really changed. They just glow more. 

Well, Groundon and Kyogre both have more "lines" to glow than they had in the old version but no real changes.
Mega Evolution seems drastical, and they are just a little different... so that would be a no... Well, they are cooler now, who knows.

I agree with you, these small cosmetic changes does'nt seem enough to make it a mega evolution. My guess is that it's something entirely different. This reminds me of maybe a ''awakened'' mode of those legendaries. Kinda like Xerneas has it's ''normal'' mode with grey antlers and a ''active'' mode with rainbow antlers. In the case of Xerneas it's completly cosmetic (one is for outside of battle the other mode automaticaly activates inside battle and has no effect). Maybe it's something similar but more than just cosmetic. Maybe they turn glowy when they have a certain item equiped.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Man, I couldn't be happier right now. Pokémon Sapphire was my first real gaming experience and will always hold a special place in my heart. It's almost like back then, when I was waiting for my birthday to get my first ever console along with the game after seeing it at school. Feels good, man.

Every region so far has been represented in at least DS level visuals, and I personally can't wait to see some of the places remastered. Also interested in seeing the changes to the character designs, I liked what they did when they updated Gold/Silver and I'm curious to see what they'll do to Hoenn and its inhabitants.

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!

Boutros said:

Why are they calling the storyline dramatic? xd

As there ever been a dramatic Pokemon storyline before?

Edit: Nvm it's the world that's dramatic xd

Black White was pretty dramatic actually.