By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84
poklane said:
bananaking21 said:
Qwark said:
bananaking21 said:

the event if said to be about 2015 games. so dont expect horizon. 

The game has been in development for quite some time, but I agree (early) 2016 seems like a more likely scenario than late 2015 due to uncharted 4, but don't fully rule out a december 2015 release yet, one can dream right.

Shinobi said its not a 2015 game. and that guy has been freaking spot on about the game so far. 

Yup, Shinobi even dropped a hint saying that some mechanics of the game are still in prototype stage. It looks like this is a huge project.

definitily. 3+ years in development and still no announcement? hopefully it will have a lot of content. if its a 2016 game then they are hitting GTA and The Elder Scrolls level of development time. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
poklane said:
bananaking21 said:

Shinobi said its not a 2015 game. and that guy has been freaking spot on about the game so far. 

Yup, Shinobi even dropped a hint saying that some mechanics of the game are still in prototype stage. It looks like this is a huge project.

definitily. 3+ years in development and still no announcement? hopefully it will have a lot of content. if its a 2016 game then they are hitting GTA and The Elder Scrolls level of development time. 

It wouldn't even surprise me if the game didn't go into full development until Killzone went gold. Probably a smaller team worked on the game before it went gold.

poklane said:
bananaking21 said:

It wouldn't even surprise me if the game didn't go into full development until Killzone went gold. Probably a smaller team worked on the game before it went gold.

i would think they would have spent the 2 years working out the story, concept, gameplay ideas and such things and now the team went into full development after KZ:Sf. but they would have made a lot of work done in those 2 years, dont forget Guerrilla is a 200+ people studio. my question is now, are they working on another game as well or they stopped with being a 2 team studio and are just focusing on horizon. 

bananaking21 said:
poklane said:
bananaking21 said:

i would think they would have spent the 2 years working out the story, concept, gameplay ideas and such things and now the team went into full development after KZ:Sf. but they would have made a lot of work done in those 2 years, dont forget Guerrilla is a 200+ people studio. my question is now, are they working on another game as well or they stopped with being a 2 team studio and are just focusing on horizon. 

I think they are working on just Horizon. It seems that Amsterdam will hand over the Killzone franchise to Cambridge, and I doubt Amsterdam will work on 2 new IPs after working on just Killzone for almost a decade.

poklane said:
bananaking21 said:

I think they are working on just Horizon. It seems that Amsterdam will hand over the Killzone franchise to Cambridge, and I doubt Amsterdam will work on 2 new IPs after working on just Killzone for almost a decade.

most probably. i would still like them to be a 2 team studio though. give me an open world Sci-Fi FPS in the vien of farcry 3/4 from GG amsterdam and i would be so happy. 

Around the Network
poklane said:

I hope that happens, Mercenary was probably the best in the series imo.  I think Cambridge is a pretty talented studio

celador said:
poklane said:

I hope that happens, Mercenary was probably the best in the series imo.  I think Cambridge is a pretty talented studio

Killzone 2 was the best one, in my opinion, but Mercenary comes at a very close second.

Aura7541 said:
celador said:
poklane said:

Killzone 2 was the best one, in my opinion, but Mercenary comes at a very close second.

it will be interesting to see what they can do with the PS4 and what direction the killzone franchise will take. IMO Killzone has had a weird history, it changed so much from KZ2 to KZ shadow fall. IMO they should make it an open world, the franchise changed a lot, might as well take another big leap. 

bananaking21 said:

it will be interesting to see what they can do with the PS4 and what direction the killzone franchise will take. IMO Killzone has had a weird history, it changed so much from KZ2 to KZ shadow fall. IMO they should make it an open world, the franchise changed a lot, might as well take another big leap. 

They should stop being a Halo wannabe like they did with KZ: SF (they just can't compete with Halo by trying to make it like Halo) but they should return to the heavy industrial war setup of the previous Killzone games, with a more open-world approach and with less weighty weapons.

GTAexpert said:
bananaking21 said:

They should stop being a Halo wannabe like they did with KZ: SF (they just can't compete with Halo by trying to make it like Halo) but they should return to the heavy industrial war setup of the previous Killzone games, with a more open-world approach and with less weighty weapons.

no! i love weighty weapons! but yeah, if they return to the good old killzone 2 days it would be fantastic. KZ2 is the most special FPS i ever played. thing is, i just cant see them capturing that magic again.