By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84
eFKac said:
Ucell said:
Sony might announce God Of War IV. I hope so. Its been a pretty long time since Ascension.

Thing is, it was not. Just a year and 4 months.

I want a new GoW as much as you, but expecting an announcement for a new (especially mainline) game during a generational transition, is simply setting yourself up for dissapointment.

If Cory Barlog's team is indeed developing a new GoW game, which I hope is the case, we may be lucky to hear something at next years E3, most probably not even gameplay, with a release date in 2016. They only started development sometime in late 2013, as we know he assembled a team in the second half of 2013. 

We don't know about any other possibility for a second team at Santa Monica that could be developing GoW, we don't even really know how hard was Stigs affected by layoffs.

Best we can hope for is Ascension PS4 port, which I would personally welcome even though I played the PS3 version, as I loved that game.

Oh God I can hear the bitching now. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
eFKac said:
Ucell said:
Sony might announce God Of War IV. I hope so. Its been a pretty long time since Ascension.

I want a new GoW as much as you, but expecting an announcement for a new (especially mainline) game during a generational transition, is simply setting yourself up for dissapointment.

If Cory Barlog's team is indeed developing a new GoW game, which I hope is the case, we may be lucky to hear something at next years E3, most probably not even gameplay, with a release date in 2016. They only started development sometime in late 2013, as we know he assembled a team in the second half of 2013. 

We don't know about any other possibility for a second team at Santa Monica that could be developing GoW, we don't even really know how hard was Stigs affected by layoffs.

Best we can hope for is Ascension PS4 port, which I would personally welcome even though I played the PS3 version, as I loved that game.

I only hope for an announcement in the near future, with a March 2016 release date. Atleast they should give us a teaser trailer, and confirm a new protagonist for it :P

Btw Stigs has already left Santa Monica Studio a while ago, think I read it in an IGN article.

Ucell said:
eFKac said:
Ucell said:

I only hope for an announcement in the near future, with a March 2016 release date. Atleast they should give us a teaser trailer, and confirm a new protagonist for it :P

Btw Stigs has already left Santa Monica Studio a while ago, think I read it in an IGN article.

Yep he did, he's at Respawn now. Should have said former team.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Fusioncode said:
eFKac said:
Ucell said:

Oh God I can hear the bitching now. 

Random but interesting fact: God Of War: Collection was the first HD remaster, and started this trend. So there is nothing more deserving of a remaster than GOW III and Ascension.

Mr_No said:
eFKac said:
Mr_No said:

Nah. the trailer is coming by December at the VGA or VGX or whatever is gonna be called. But I can picture the trailer being all 60 fps on its 1080p glory. And I know people are going to compare the teaser and the trailer meticulously, to see if they've lived up to their promise.

I wonder why people are so convinced we will see something at VGX.

First of all, we're half through August and we still don't know the date. From what I understood VGA's and X were a collaboration between Spike, GameTrailers and Geoff Keighley. 

As apparent from last year's VGX Spike doesn't want to give as much money as through the VGA years, same was true for Viacom. Now we have a new player in the equation - Defy, but it looks like Defy cutting the costs, not expanding GameTrailers.

I think that Keighley still has a strong enough position to convince Defy/Spike to make another (but only) VGX, even after last years clusterfuck.

That doesn't mean that Sony PR will want to deal with the kind of "basement like" event to show off their biggest announced IP. 

There are more question marks than not with VGX, in my opinion it's unlikely that we will see anything new or big from Sony at VGX (if it will happen)    

You have a point there. After last year's disaster of a show, what's the chance Sony will want to show off the trailer there (if they make another VGX)? Maybe we were all convinced because ND always showed off trailers in that show, and it seemed like a trend. If not in December, when?

True, ND showed their trailers at VGA's traditionally, but as I said, and you pointed out, after last year, things have changed. ND was not present at VGX, and the show was shitty and had a way way smaller scale than before.

When? That's the question. I could see them doing a blowout on their own terms, without a show to acompany it, like in the case of DriveClub or The Order, around late Feb-March or April, with a on stage gameplay at E3 next year.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

Ohh also, maybe you guys remember Sony recently trademarked "The Hungry Horde"....

Well at least we can't say they are not supporting the Vita (at least through XDev), as it's a Vita game! It even looks pretty fun, but let's just say that I'm not getting hyped for Sony trademarks anymore after this and Entwined

Greatness Awaits!

Lmao, the footage in the Hungry Horde trailer has screen tearing xD

http://instagram.com/p/rkZEn9FZDW/

It's beginning peeps :P

Zekkyou said:
Lmao, the footage in the Hungry Horde trailer has screen tearing xD

Yep, they are way too honest with it. The trailer shows screen tearing and it looks like it runs at around 20-25 fps constantly :-/

Greatness Awaits!

DerNebel said:

http://instagram.com/p/rkZEn9FZDW/

It's beginning peeps :P

Nice! SCEE is hyping up the event way more than SCEA did E3.

Feel like overall SCEE is doing a better job in many regards lately. 

Greatness Awaits!