By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84
DerNebel said:
VanceIX said:
Zekkyou said:

We've been getting 1 year old ports and game of the year editions for 10+ years. The only reason this is suddenly an issue is because it's a critically acclaimed 1st party game releasing on the console currently winning the sales race.

In essence it's just a really great GOTY edition that provides more than just the DLC.

I can understand people having no personal interest in them, but things have really gotten out of hand.

GOTY are the same thing as the normal game with DLC included. Remasters are improved versions. A lot of people bought the base game, along with the DLC, and are now (understandably) upset that a better version came out just a year later for full price.

And saying that people are only upset about it because it's on the PS4 isn't quite true. A lot of people are against one year old remasters, since their original purchase has little meaning when an improved version comes out just a year later. It's not a PS4 issue. It's just the fact that it's been happening so often now with Tomb Raider, TLOU, GTA, etc, and it brings the situation into the spotlight.

And of course people are going to make a big deal about it if they don't like it, what do you expect? A lot of people were hoping for a remaster of an older game from last gen that probably needs a visual refresh much more than the most gorgeous game of last gen.

But I hope people realize that this is just happening now because we're still so close to the transition from last gen to this gen. It's not going to become standard that a game on PS4 is going to be remastered a year later on PS4 as well, that would be ridiculous.

People just need to calm down, we're at the beginning of the gen and since developers don't all have new games ready some of them decided to remaster some of their not so old games for the new systems, this is not going to become a trend, it's just for this transitional period.

And I realize that. There's been a lot of needless complaints about remasters this generation. Remasters cost very little for companies to make and are great for making profits that will help towards bigger games.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:

Why should they be upset? If they bought it at launch they've had the game over a year longer than anyone else. If they bought it a few months ago they got it for £15/£20 off. New value is added to a game the longer it's been out. You get GOTY editions, price cuts, sales etc. That's how it is with every game.

If people were consistently bringing up other HD ports (in perhaps less than 6 threads a day would be nice) i'd be fine with it. That's not the case though. TLOU is or becomes the central focus of a EVERY thread relating to the topic, without exception. At that point it's less a matter of the issue itself and more people trying to discredit something.

They are upset because instead of spending $80+ on the game and DLC a year ago, they could have just waited and got the entire package but with even better graphics, frame rate, resolution, etc for just $50, with no discount being given for current owners. 

And threads mention TLOU a lot because it's the most recent remaster to come out. If I remember correctly, there were threads that did the same thing with the Tomb Raider remaster when it came out. There will probably be similar threads when GTA is about to come out. Excessive, yes, but it's not some kind of irrational hate towards Sony games.

Once again, I'm fine with remasters and I will be getting this game. But the other side of the argument has its own points.

VanceIX said:
Zekkyou said:

Why should they be upset? If they bought it at launch they've had the game over a year longer than anyone else. If they bought it a few months ago they got it for £15/£20 off. New value is added to a game the longer it's been out. You get GOTY editions, price cuts, sales etc. That's how it is with every game.

If people were consistently bringing up other HD ports (in perhaps less than 6 threads a day would be nice) i'd be fine with it. That's not the case though. TLOU is or becomes the central focus of a EVERY thread relating to the topic, without exception. At that point it's less a matter of the issue itself and more people trying to discredit something.

They are upset because instead of spending $80+ on the game and DLC a year ago, they could have just waited and got the entire package but with even better graphics, frame rate, resolution, etc for just $50, with no discount being given for current owners. 

And threads mention TLOU a lot because it's the most recent remaster to come out. If I remember correctly, there were threads that did the same thing with the Tomb Raider remaster when it came out. There will probably be similar threads when GTA is about to come out. Excessive, yes, but it's not some kind of irrational hate towards Sony games.

Once again, I'm fine with remasters and I will be getting this game. But the other side if the argument has its own points.

That's the point. They'd have had to wait for over a year to have that privilege.

There are legitimate points against these remasters (i disagree with them, but their still legitimate in themselves), but that isn't the issue here. No other remaster or late port has had even a spec as much attention as TLOU, and it's curiously always the same fanbase arguing against it (and likewise the same specific fanbase who keep bringing up TLOU in each of the threads).

Every fan base does it, but this has been a particularly depressing demonstration of how far fanboys can drag down the quality of discussion in a forum when they get their blood pumping.

Zekkyou said:

Oh by the way, the OP is looking better but still a bit barren gooch (though the title is hilarious).

Do you want me to make you a thread template to work with like i did for pi in the E3 thread? I'm bored of flat hunting, need stuff to do '_'

lol please do!

Poll response: Other: Just remaster Ico and Shadow of Collosus

I mean completely remake and remaster those two.

Around the Network
cusman said:
Poll response: Other: Just remaster Ico and Shadow of Collosus

I mean completely remake and remaster those two.

Remaking and remastering are two completely different things

The Last of Us Remastered has been confirmed to be stable 60FPS

poklane said:
The Last of Us Remastered has been confirmed to be stable 60FPS

That twinspectre guy is the most annoying dude ever, i see him everywhere, gamefaqs, psblog, twitter, always talking about hardcore, dumbing down, regen health, handholding, etc. same talk all the time. jesus christ.

Shuhei Yoshida agrees with me, last year's camera director at Gamescom was horrendous

MXGP the official motorcross game is coming to PS4.

•New Features: 18 tracks of which 4 are brand new, for a full MXGP experience: Italy – Arco di Trento; Bulgaria – Sevlievo ; Czech Republic – Loket; Europe – Lierop
•Red Plate: As in reality, the rider who is leading the championship points standings has his own number plate with a different background color (red).
•PS4 exclusive feature, the changing of light on the controller depends on the bike’s engine RPM
Improvements:
•Deformable terrain with real time graphics
•More detailed models of motorcycles. Size of the texture four times greater than PS3 version.
•3D character models improved
•New Lighting environmental system (powered by Yebis 2)
•Improved audio with wider 3d sound positioning
•More riders on the track at the same time

Also unlike the release on the ps3 and psvita this will also release in USA.

http://mxgpvideogame.com/

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!