By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84
BraLoD said:
poklane said:

Your game must be in a really bad shape for Sony to drop the project and sell/give you the IP.

That's really strange, it was looking great, then it just vanished from media.
Sony could have taken full control over it instead of giving the IP back.

The game must be in really bad shape. They obviously thought it wasn't worth it.

Around the Network

From Gaf
All this info comes from a source very close to the studio.

First of all, I was told that the reveal trailer was all cinematic. It was faked to mimic gameplay, assets, etc. from a real game but 0% of the game was implemented.

So the real challenge for the studio was to put that vision into the final game. And apparently this has been impossible to achieve.

This words are a direct quote from my source about this news and the studio itself (it contains his personal opinion):

"Sony required about one month ago the DEV KITs to be returned and canceled the fundings into Tequila Works, due of the game had no-sense. Basically there wasn't a game.

This is a consecuence of the bad studio direction, basically Raul Rubio thinks that he is the next Tim Schafer. The truth is that Raul was fired from MercurySteam. The people from MercurySteam speak really bad about him (the main critics are: he has no idea about games, technology and he has crazy ideas without sense). If you add that his wife is the chairman of Tequila Works and looking for info about her you can find this:

http://www.notariado.org/liferay/web...N=AC&FLAG=MAIL

You could see that she is public notary in Spain. She hasn't any background making games. The results are, that Rime has no publisher and it is not cancelled due of they got public spanish founds to develop games:

http://www.minetur.gob.es/PortalAyud...lConcesion.pdf

If you take a look into their website and you compare the hellworkers list with the original team from Deadlight , only a couple guys remains from the original team. If all the team has left the studio, you must think that something wrong there is into the top of the company."

I'm a bit sad to be honest since i was there in the first days of the studio (not working).

This really should become a full game

BraLoD said:
poklane said:

This really should become a full game

Well, there are a good lot of concepts to be given a look there, it seems to be fun for a bit, but for an actual game would need way more stuff, or focus on some side of it.

Maybe they could make it a f2p game and sell customization stuff like clothing? That could work.

TheGoldenBoy said:
BraLoD said:

That's really strange, it was looking great, then it just vanished from media.
Sony could have taken full control over it instead of giving the IP back.

The game must be in really bad shape. They obviously thought it wasn't worth it.

BraLoD said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

That's why I said they should have taken full control of it, if possible.
Put some of their own guys working on it to make it actually good.

gooch_destroyer said:
From Gaf
All this info comes from a source very close to the studio.

First of all, I was told that the reveal trailer was all cinematic. It was faked to mimic gameplay, assets, etc. from a real game but 0% of the game was implemented.

So the real challenge for the studio was to put that vision into the final game. And apparently this has been impossible to achieve.

This words are a direct quote from my source about this news and the studio itself (it contains his personal opinion):

"Sony required about one month ago the DEV KITs to be returned and canceled the fundings into Tequila Works, due of the game had no-sense. Basically there wasn't a game.

This is a consecuence of the bad studio direction, basically Raul Rubio thinks that he is the next Tim Schafer. The truth is that Raul was fired from MercurySteam. The people from MercurySteam speak really bad about him (the main critics are: he has no idea about games, technology and he has crazy ideas without sense). If you add that his wife is the chairman of Tequila Works and looking for info about her you can find this:

http://www.notariado.org/liferay/web...N=AC&FLAG=MAIL

You could see that she is public notary in Spain. She hasn't any background making games. The results are, that Rime has no publisher and it is not cancelled due of they got public spanish founds to develop games:

http://www.minetur.gob.es/PortalAyud...lConcesion.pdf

If you take a look into their website and you compare the hellworkers list with the original team from Deadlight , only a couple guys remains from the original team. If all the team has left the studio, you must think that something wrong there is into the top of the company."

I'm a bit sad to be honest since i was there in the first days of the studio (not working).

Tequila Works Says Rime Development is “Going Well”

Tequila Works denies rumors of Sony dropping Rime.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/03/17/rime-ps4-development-going-well/

Around the Network
Tabathedfield said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

If the game's development is "going well" then why would Sony let them have the IP back? Sony has never done that as far as I know.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Tabathedfield said:

If the game's development is "going well" then why would Sony let them have the IP back? Sony has never done that as far as I know.

Don't know, but if they are saying that the game is "going and ending well" then I believe them.

Tabathedfield said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Don't know, but if they are saying that the game is "going and ending well" then I believe them.

Of course they're going to say it's "going well". I'm pretty sure the same was also said about the TLG and Versus XIII and look how those ended up. Almost 10 years for both and neither of them are out yet. As long as a game is in development, developers of the project aren't going to come out and say they're in developmental hell.  At this point we'll just have to wait and see until if/when the game actually releases.

Top 10 PSVR games.

View on YouTube

NA only, 500USD/700CAD