By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84
DerNebel said:
Hope we get more than just talk about Horizon at Gamescom.

What if they show the demo we've already seen, but extent it to include the fight against the bird? That'd be amazing!

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Hope we get more than just talk about Horizon at Gamescom.

I doubt we'll get any new anouncements except indies. Possibly an NMS release date, that would be a nice little thing.

Artwork from Ian Jun Wei, recently hired by Sucker Punch from Turn 10 Studios

More at his personal site: http://ianchiew.com/

poklane said:

I hope Sucker Punch are done with InFamous, and make a new IP now.

Teeqoz said:
poklane said:

Not necessarily done, but take a big break from the franchise. Look at the breath of fresh air we got when GG went away from Killzone...however, GG has made it clear they are not done with Killzone (and I'm thankful for that).

Around the Network
NewGuy said:
Teeqoz said:

Not necessarily done, but take a big break from the franchise. Look at the breath of fresh air we got when GG went away from Killzone...however, GG has made it clear they are not done with Killzone (and I'm thankful for that).

I just hope they make a franchise out of Horizon. For all I care, they can ditch Killzone.

Versus_Evil said:
So working towards my last 3 Bloodbourne trophies (the other 2 endings that don't require three umbilical cords) and the chalice queen. Just spent 4hrs trying to beat Defiled dungeon Watchdog and I finally fucking beat it!!!.. I'm going to go lay down now.

Good job, that's the hardest fight on the way to the platinum if I remember right.

Teeqoz said:
poklane said:

As an inFAMOUS fan, I'm fine with Sucker Punch just quitting or putting inFAMOUS on pause, but I swear I need inFAMOUS 3 following 2's Evil Ending. They just can't finish Cole's story with 2's Good Ending, where he sacrifices himself and all Conduits (well, he thinks that) for the sake of humanity, failling miserably in the process by not killing all Conduits. Also, following the Evil Ending was the original plan so they just have to do that.

That being said, I wonder how far we're from the announcement of Sucker Punch's next project. There was 20 months between the release of inFAMOUS 2 and the announcement of Second Son (16 months between Festival of Blood's release and the announcement of Second Son), and its been 16 months since Second's Son release and 11 months since First Light's release, so if they follow a similar pattern we shouldn't be too far off. And between 2/FoB and Second Son they had to bridge a console generation and they had to build a new engine, something they don't have to do this time. If they'd follow the same pattern we could get an announcement at PSX, that'd be 21 months since Second Son's release and 16 since First Light's release. Also Shu said that he played Sucker Punch's new project already, so they must be doing good if the President of Sony's Worldwide Studios comes over to play it.

poklane said:

What if they show the demo we've already seen, but extent it to include the fight against the bird? That'd be amazing!

What if... the bird isn't an enemy!?

poklane said:
Teeqoz said:
poklane said:

As an inFAMOUS fan, I'm fine with Sucker Punch just quitting or putting inFAMOUS on pause, but I swear I need inFAMOUS 3 following 2's Evil Ending. They just can't finish Cole's story with 2's Good Ending, where he sacrifices himself and all Conduits (well, he thinks that) for the sake of humanity, failling miserably in the process by not killing all Conduits. Also, following the Evil Ending was the original plan so they just have to do that.

That being said, I wonder how far we're from the announcement of Sucker Punch's next project. There was 20 months between the release of inFAMOUS 2 and the announcement of Second Son (16 months between Festival of Blood's release and the announcement of Second Son), and its been 16 months since Second's Son release and 11 months since First Light's release, so if they follow a similar pattern we shouldn't be too far off. And between 2/FoB and Second Son they had to bridge a console generation and they had to build a new engine, something they don't have to do this time. If they'd follow the same pattern we could get an announcement at PSX, that'd be 21 months since Second Son's release and 16 since First Light's release. Also Shu said that he played Sucker Punch's new project already, so they must be doing good if the President of Sony's Worldwide Studios comes over to play it.

I feel the same way. I want one more inFAMOUS game to wrap the series up with Cole. I wouldn't really care how they do it, but I do want one more game with him. I think it would be cool if Sucker Punch did something like follow the evil ending of Second Son with Delsin as an evil overlord who has all these different conduit powers he's absorbed and have Cole resurrected to fight him and his followers. They could have mini bosses in Fetch and Eugene who Cole has to defeat before he finally gets to Delsin. They'd probably have to get rid of the karma system but I'd fine with that at this point since the choices are pretty meaningless.