By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84
DerNebel said:
bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:

GT seems like the most likely candidate to not make it even if it was said that it'll be a 2015/2016 game, but yeah it does sound a little too good to be true, on the other hand those games have to release eventually and some of them are long overdue.

yeah, both bend and GG's game will be 4~ years in development by the end of the year. MM's new IP has been in development for almost 4.5 years now. and Gran turismo was either a 2015 or 2016 game, realistically they all should be released next year, thats not even considering that Quantum Breaks new IP has been in development for 3 years now, and guerrilla cambridge would have a PS4 game in dev for 2 years by the end of the year as well. and of course GoW started late 2013. 

Sony's First party is sure as hell taking their sweet time, but they all have to release their games at some point. and its getting to the point where we have to say, just fucking release it already. 

After all this time those games better be great, is all I can think, I don't wanna see another 4-5 years in development dud like the Order from Sony. But if we apply logic then 2016 has to be the year where Sonys first party finally hits its stride. With games like GOW, Quantic Dreams game, GG Cambridge's game, the next Sucker Punch title and maybe, should they plan to continue the relationship the next The Order and Bloodborne hitting in 2017. Add to that Sony Japan studio whose release schedule is a complete mystery to me, after all who knows how many more games they have in development, and we will be good to go.

the problem with the order is that.. well... they bite more than they could chew. they were a PSP dev, a small one, that moved directly to PS4. it was their first new IP, and the first time they made a game one the scale of the order 1886, and they didnt take it one game at a time, they seemed to plan out the entire franchise. 

The Order 1886 is a good game, but it has issues, and issues that were obviously caused by the developers lack of experience. During these 4 years RaD were growing, and doing stuff they never did before, on a console that was over 2 generations more powerfull than the last one they worked on. they were around what, 30 people? they almost quadruped in size. i have no doubt that if sony let them make another Order game, it will come out considerably faster and be considerably better. 

you could say Sony Bend and Guerrilla Cambridge are in the same boat. however they made games for the Vita, not the PSP, which were bigger in scale and on a console that considerably more powerfull than the PSP, and much closer to the PS3. i would guess their teams were bigger than RaD when they first started. also, they Did Uncharted and Killzone, and did a good job at both, which i am sure helped them with a lot of things when it comes to AAA development. however, they can fall in the same mistakes that RaD did and have the same problems. 

Around the Network

Well Bananaking while you're right that Sony Bend and Guerilla Cambridge developed Uncharted and Killzone, both AAA titles, RAD also developed three AAA titles on PSP, two were GOW games and one was Daxter, all of which were far more critically acclaimed than any game developed by the other two.

So its best not to expect anything from them right now.

On the other hand, when I played TO: 1886, I felt that this was exactly the game RAD wanted to create, so it may have turned out this way due to poor direction and poor decisions by the creative director, and not because they could not make it any better.

bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:

After all this time those games better be great, is all I can think, I don't wanna see another 4-5 years in development dud like the Order from Sony. But if we apply logic then 2016 has to be the year where Sonys first party finally hits its stride. With games like GOW, Quantic Dreams game, GG Cambridge's game, the next Sucker Punch title and maybe, should they plan to continue the relationship the next The Order and Bloodborne hitting in 2017. Add to that Sony Japan studio whose release schedule is a complete mystery to me, after all who knows how many more games they have in development, and we will be good to go.

the problem with the order is that.. well... they bite more than they could chew. they were a PSP dev, a small one, that moved directly to PS4. it was their first new IP, and the first time they made a game one the scale of the order 1886, and they didnt take it one game at a time, they seemed to plan out the entire franchise. 

The Order 1886 is a good game, but it has issues, and issues that were obviously caused by the developers lack of experience. During these 4 years RaD were growing, and doing stuff they never did before, on a console that was over 2 generations more powerfull than the last one they worked on. they were around what, 30 people? they almost quadruped in size. i have no doubt that if sony let them make another Order game, it will come out considerably faster and be considerably better. 

you could say Sony Bend and Guerrilla Cambridge are in the same boat. however they made games for the Vita, not the PSP, which were bigger in scale and on a console that considerably more powerfull than the PSP, and much closer to the PS3. i would guess their teams were bigger than RaD when they first started. also, they Did Uncharted and Killzone, and did a good job at both, which i am sure helped them with a lot of things when it comes to AAA development. however, they can fall in the same mistakes that RaD did and have the same problems. 

Sony Bends project is kind of a complete mystery to me, it could turn out well, but it could also be a complete miss, but the difference between them and RAD is that they have at least worked on their own original series before, so that might help.

As for GG Cambridge it seems like most people believe that they are making a new Killzone or Resistance and with Mercenary on the Vita, which some apparently regard as the best Killzone entry, they have shown that they can do FPS's so I'm not too worried about their game at least being solid.

The Order was RAD's first own IP, their first console title (aside from an Okami port) and their first go at the third person shooter genre, in hindsight there were way too many "firsts" in that equation to realistically expect a great game.

After getting so bored with Dragon Age I finally went out and bought The Last of Us remastered. :)

What happened to the Beyond Two Souls remastered?

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:

After getting so bored with Dragon Age I finally went out and bought The Last of Us remastered. :)

It'll be announced at E3. lol

Around the Network
SnakeDrake said:

They realized they are being mocked for remastering too many games already and that nobody needs this game remastered so they canned it?

I've also been thinking of getting TLOU:R, you can get a download code for like $12.50, but that would be for the US PS store, so I would have to make an US account on my PS4, I think, and that would all be too much of a hassle for a game I've already played. Besides I don't have or plan on getting PS+ right now, so I couldn't even play online :D

DerNebel said:

I've also been thinking of getting TLOU:R, you can get a download code for like $12.50, but that would be for the US PS store, so I would have to make an US account on my PS4, I think, and that would all be too much of a hassle for a game I've already played. Besides I don't have or plan on getting PS+ right now, so I couldn't even play online :D

The hassle is a total of one minute, one fake email address and one PSN account.

If you can save significant money, it's worth it. 

Actually, everyone should always have multiple accounts to take advantage of sales and exchange rates. I have a Croatian, US, UK and Dutch account, and a few games on each if them.

GameMasterPC said:
Well Bananaking while you're right that Sony Bend and Guerilla Cambridge developed Uncharted and Killzone, both AAA titles, RAD also developed three AAA titles on PSP, two were GOW games and one was Daxter, all of which were far more critically acclaimed than any game developed by the other two.

So its best not to expect anything from them right now.

On the other hand, when I played TO: 1886, I felt that this was exactly the game RAD wanted to create, so it may have turned out this way due to poor direction and poor decisions by the creative director, and not because they could not make it any better.

the difference between PSP and Vita is massive. from shader work to the scale of the games both consoles can have. the PSP requires quite a smaller team.

there was direction issues with the game certainly, but i feel that they even had problem with developing gameplay for a third person shooter, specially melee combat. UC:GA and Killzone:M has no real issues with gameplay, and had a pretty solid base for their games, it was just that it wasnt fully realized as they could have been, and of course, they were held back by the power of the vita. (Uncharted relies heavily on tech for set pieces, tech that the vita couldnt handle)

Burek said:
DerNebel said:

The hassle is a total of one minute, one fake email address and one PSN account.

If you can save significant money, it's worth it. 

Actually, everyone should always have multiple accounts to take advantage of sales and exchange rates. I have a Croatian, US, UK and Dutch account, and a few games on each if them.

I'll probably do it for Persona 5, in fact I already have a US account on my PS3, but that's not connected right now and I don't know what my password for that account is. Like I said, I already played TLOU and can't play online on PS4 anyway, so it's really not worth it.

Can't choose simply "No"?