By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84

So what do you guys think the lineup for 2016 will look like? My guess:

Spring - Uncharted 4 + Street Fighter V + MLB 16

Summer - Ratchet and Clank + Morpheus Launch + Media Molecule new IP (I think this'll be a Morpheus game)

Fall - Horizon + Gran Turismo 7 + Sony Bend horror game

God of War IV will be announced for holiday 2016 but it'll follow Sony tradition and get delayed to Q1 2017.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:

Summer - Ratchet and Clank + Morpheus Launch + Media Molecule new IP (I think this'll be a Morpheus game)

God of War IV will be announced for holiday 2016 but it'll follow Sony tradition and get delayed to Q1 2017.

Could be something like that, though with Horizon apparently originally planned for 2015 it shouldn't be delayed that far back, but with this generation who knows.

Would definitely be a huge year if it's close to that.

DerNebel said:
Fusioncode said:

Could be something like that, though with Horizon apparently originally planned for 2015 it shouldn't be delayed that far back, but with this generation who knows.

it sounds too good to be true honestly, so i doubt it will happen. 

bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:

Yeah the bitter and sarcastic person inside me feels that either half of those games will suck or be delayed out of 2016.

DerNebel said:
bananaking21 said:

Yeah the bitter and sarcastic person inside me feels that either half of those games will suck or be delayed out of 2016.

or that some arent even planned for 2016. my biggest guess is that Gran Turismo wont be a 2016 title. the thing is, based on what we know, all of them should make it (unless somehow bend is a 2015 game). but with the Uncharted delay, 2016 seems too good to be true. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

or that some arent even planned for 2016. my biggest guess is that Gran Turismo wont be a 2016 title. the thing is, based on what we know, all of them should make it (unless somehow bend is a 2015 game). but with the Uncharted delay, 2016 seems too good to be true. 

GT seems like the most likely candidate to not make it even if it was said that it'll be a 2015/2016 game, but yeah it does sound a little too good to be true, on the other hand those game have to release eventually and some of them are long overdue.

DerNebel said:
bananaking21 said:

GT seems like the most likely candidate to not make it even if it was said that it'll be a 2015/2016 game, but yeah it does sound a little too good to be true, on the other hand those game have to release eventually and some of them are long overdue.

yeah, both bend and GG's game will be 4~ years in development by the end of the year. MM's new IP has been in development for almost 4.5 years now. and Gran turismo was either a 2015 or 2016 game, realistically they all should be released next year, thats not even considering that Quantic Dreams new IP has been in development for 3 years now, and guerrilla cambridge would have a PS4 game in dev for 2 years by the end of the year as well. and of course GoW started late 2013. 

Sony's First party is sure as hell taking their sweet time, but they all have to release their games at some point. and its getting to the point where we have to say, just fucking release it already. 

bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:

GT seems like the most likely candidate to not make it even if it was said that it'll be a 2015/2016 game, but yeah it does sound a little too good to be true, on the other hand those games have to release eventually and some of them are long overdue.

yeah, both bend and GG's game will be 4~ years in development by the end of the year. MM's new IP has been in development for almost 4.5 years now. and Gran turismo was either a 2015 or 2016 game, realistically they all should be released next year, thats not even considering that Quantum Breaks new IP has been in development for 3 years now, and guerrilla cambridge would have a PS4 game in dev for 2 years by the end of the year as well. and of course GoW started late 2013. 

Sony's First party is sure as hell taking their sweet time, but they all have to release their games at some point. and its getting to the point where we have to say, just fucking release it already. 

After all this time those games better be great, is all I can think, I don't wanna see another 4-5 years in development dud like the Order from Sony. But if we apply logic then 2016 has to be the year where Sonys first party finally hits its stride. With games like GOW, Quantic Dreams game, GG Cambridge's game, the next Sucker Punch title and maybe, should they plan to continue the relationship the next The Order and Bloodborne hitting in 2017. Add to that Sony Japan studio whose release schedule is a complete mystery to me, after all who knows how many more games they have in development, and we will be good to go.

I think you're overreacting to TO: 1886 DerNebel. It wasn't that bad, and just because it wasn't good doesn't mean we should lose faith in Sony's first-party studios. RAD isn't even a first-party studio.

Also, I think you're expectations are too high. MM's new IP and GOW IV are going to be incredible, we know that, but I don't think all of Sony's first-party studios have the capability of making great games. Though after Infamous: Second Son, I hold Sucker Punch to a high regard, but their game will obviously take time. On the other hand, I don't have much faith in either Guerilla Games or Quantic Dream after their latest games.

GameMasterPC said:
I think you're overreacting to TO: 1886 DerNebel. It wasn't that bad, and just because it wasn't good doesn't mean we should lose faith in Sony's first-party studios. RAD isn't even a first-party studio.

Also, I think you're expectations are too high. MM's new IP and GOW IV are going to be incredible, we know that, but I don't think all of Sony's first-party studios have the capability of making great games. Though after Infamous: Second Son, I hold Sucker Punch to a high regard, but their game will obviously take time. On the other hand, I don't have much faith in either Guerilla Games or Quantic Dream after their latest games.

For the time it took and the budget it pressumably had, it was bad, ridiculously low in content, solid but not excelling in gameplay and a really poor story, the game is pretty though.

I don't have much faith in QD, I never liked David Cage's approach to game design, but I'm interested in what GG can do with a new IP, they are a talented studio.

Overall I'm not losing faith in Sonys first party studios it just bugs me that they are all taking their sweet ass time to release on PS4.