By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you think of Nintendo's strategy?

Tagged games:

Good or Wrong?

Yes. 20 37.04%

It's cool, but for us. 8 14.81%

It sounded good at first... 2 3.70%

What the hell are you talking about? 10 18.52%

It's as dumb as the Wii U (pretty dumb) 14 25.93%

Total:54

They're doing what they have to do to add incentive for people to buy Wii Us. MK and SB, and other big games like that, will go a long way to helping. But it doesn't hurt to have those extra touches like free DLC games.

But, what they really need to do, after MK releases, is ADVERTISE THE FUCK OUT OF THE Wii U. That is the only thing, other than of course a steady flow of MORE games, that is going to pull the system back up by it's bootstraps.

Around the Network
jonathanalis said:
episteme said:
Giving download codes away is much cheaper for them than a $50 price cut.
I really hope they do a special promotion for Smash Bros. Wii U.

I think they will give us the 3DS SSB version.

And if you have registered the 3DS's version, you can download the Wii Us one.

Registering the 3DS version to get the Wii U version for free is maybe too much.

Maybe something like:

"Register the 3DS version and get the Wii U version 50% cheaper"

or

"Register the 3DS version and a Wii U and get the Wii U version for free"

Well, at the very least a free game promotion is a great plan to spread the word and encourage people to pick up the system.

So with MK8, Smash and (maybe) Zelda this year, I would imagine each would come with a free game promotion. And personally, that's a great idea!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

If they advertise it properly then it could be great for sales. Everyone loves free games.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

RolStoppable said:
IsawYoshi said:
It's smart, but they need to change up club Nintendo. I don't understand why it needs to be involved in the downloads at all.

They want feedback.

And? Why not just merge the E-shop and Club Nintendo? Give all the feedback necessary right in the e-shop.

Around the Network

They to upgrade Club Nintendo, merge it with NN, and make it available directly from their platforms. That would make these promotions far more effective, and it would greatly improve their online offerings.

Hopefully this is the start of what Nintendo mentioned in the financial briefing earlier this year - providing discounts/incentives to loyal fans. They need things like this if they want to weather the storm and not lose tons of fans with he Wii U.

IsawYoshi said:
RolStoppable said:
IsawYoshi said:
It's smart, but they need to change up club Nintendo. I don't understand why it needs to be involved in the downloads at all.

They want feedback.

And? Why not just merge the E-shop and Club Nintendo? Give all the feedback necessary right in the e-shop.

Exactly. They need to improve their online services and hopefully they will continue to move slowly (but not too slowly) in the right direction.