By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SE announces another PS3 exclusive--MMORPG

I'm guessing it will start off on the PS3 and move to the PC the same way FFXI did. Of course that doesn't matter because I have the funny feeling we won't see it until mid 2010 at the earliest.

That being said, I'm actually optimistic about this. I love FFXI and if they just make an updated FFXI I'll be happy (though sadly I doubt they will do just that).

Around the Network
DragonLord said:

That's good news! Whenever I hear about a new Square Enix game I get all warm and fuzzy inside! Square always impresses me with their games.

http://www.psbeyond.com/news/Square-Enix-plan-for-another-MMORPG.281.html

As some of you may or may not know, Square have already announced various titles in the Final Fantasy XIII series, two of which have been announced as exclusives for the PS3. With a few other titles, such as StarOcean 4 still up in the air over exclusivity matters, or multiplatform like their other 2008 title; The Last Remnant, Square Enix are rumoured to be announcing a brand new IP in the XIII saga

Now however SE has recently stated that they plan to make another MMORPG, exclusively for the PS3.
Although no other details have been given rumours suggest this new MMORPG could be apart of the Fabula Nova Crystallis saga that SE are quickly making with the FF13 licence.
And the only evidence to prove this so far was a trademark filed by SE with that name Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII.

The word "Haeresis" is a Latin word meaning that the story could be related to Final Fantasy X in that it could have to do with a controversial religion. "Heresies" is the English derivation of the word "Haeresis."

Since there is no real evidence other than a patent for the name and a presentation by Square Enix which features six "bubbles", three of which are taken up by the already confirmed XIII titles, and the other being blank, all we can do is wait and see.

DANG! Haeresis is a Greek word a latin one!!!

Αίρεσις -> Heresis 

OMG.

Dear SE:
Please release it ASAP and take you time to develop FFXIII and FFvXIII.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Remember that one of the spin-offs is FFXIII Agito for mobile phones.
That's sucks,more if you take a peep in the FFIV The After:Return of the moon.

Soriku said:
I don't see this coming out before FF XIII or Versus XIII.

Enjoy this MMORPG when it comes out in 2010 X_X

Of course we will, whenever it comes out.

Enjoy your Friend code. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

@ Soriku

One of the spin offs in Agito for mobile phones. Annouced a long time ago.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Oh god, someone already made this thread.

The MMO was in development for 360/PC, and has been for over a year. It may be coming to PS3, but it's not PS3 exclusive. It's also NOT FINAL FANTASY HAERESIS XIII, the last thing they said about the MMO was that they hadn't made a name for it yet. Haeresis was trademarked over a year ago, that game is completely separate (and if Dengeki is to be believed, it's for the Wii).

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:

The MMO was in development for 360/PC, and has been for over a year. It may be coming to PS3, but it's not PS3 exclusive. It's also NOT FINAL FANTASY HAERESIS XIII, the last thing they said about the MMO was that they hadn't made a name for it yet. Haeresis was trademarked over a year ago, that game is completely separate (and if Dengeki is to be believed, it's for the Wii).

link please!

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
ClaudeLv250 said:

you know. actually.. your not worth my time... so nvm...

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Confirmed: rumor that Square Enix could make an official announcement that could possibly be a PS3 exclusive and probably is an MMO! This announcement is absolutely, certifiably possible!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">