By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - COD: AW trailer on Xbox One=800P? (update: now ~840P)

How many pixels are being added per hour??? Maybe the pixels are all crumped together and actually each counted pixel were like 5 and we have actually a 4K game, the first one on a console.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Being a opressed minority allows me the freedom to express myself ;). Me "adding fuel" as you say is merely adding a opposing opinion among a sea of the same like-minded rabble. Where as you countering me here, is like being on top and keeping someone else down. Not classy at all.

The victim card has been played. 

OT: Well at least its better than last year, PS4 is the console for multiplats, only reason to buy a X1 at this point is exclusives.  

Zekkyou said:
Shinobi-san said:
thismeintiel said:

I understand bringing up Ryse and Watchdogs, but why Infamous and Driveclub?  From what I have seen, Infamous looks like they said it would. And Driveclub has actually seen improvements in the graphics department since it was first showcased. A much more obvious, and easily seen, showcase of trailer (demo in the case of a few One titles) and release differences would be Forza. 

@ OP

I suppose this is going to add to resolution gate when it launches. Not really a big deal, now, just a constant reminder that MS is overcharging for weaker HW. Not sure why they didn't just leave the price at $450 after Titanfall released. I guess they just want to make a bigger splash out of the cut at E3. 

Both infamous and Driveclub has initial trailers that were more impressive visually than actual gameplay footage shown.

In what way were either DC or inFamous less impressive than their initial trailer? :/ DC is hard to say, since the first we saw of it was an "action cam" style trailer, but gameplay wise it's improved heavily since it's first proper showing.

As for infamous, all they showed at the start were cutscenes, and those have remained graphically identical (excluding some small changes here and there, like the time of day in a couple of cutscenes).

Thinking about it, pretty much every title we saw back then has ended up looking either identical or better (even watchdogs, though they should have been a lot clearer it was the PC version being shown). Forza 5 is the only major exception i can think of.

That's exactly what I was thinking, too.  DC was basically showing us autovista mode, at first.  There was definitely a downgrade when he entered actually started racing.  And since then, the game seems to have gotten better with every vid.  Infamous was showing cinematics, which are always upped a little on detail, but it still was a HUGE difference from the release game.

Of course, both were nothing like the fake demos that MS put out to try and fool gamers that their console was more powerful than it really was.

DC looks very average anyway and that at only 30 FPS. Same for Infamous, Crysis 2 on my PC looked better several years ago.

Lets not forget 2005 when Sony made entire fake videos of Killzone, Motorstorm etc and blatantly said they were real, and yet got a pass.

What "fake demos" did MS put out? Link?

Great now Imma have to update the OP cause Eurogamer is saying Advanced Warfare X1 trailer is 882P LOL.

fallen said:

DC looks very average anyway and that at only 30 FPS. Same for Infamous, Crysis 2 on my PC looked better several years ago.

Lets not forget 2005 when Sony made entire fake videos of Killzone, Motorstorm etc and blatantly said they were real, and yet got a pass.

Great now Imma have to update the OP cause Eurogamer is saying Advanced Warfare X1 trailer is 882P LOL.

No, if you watch the vid from that E3, they said pretty much, "We feel that this is what PS3 gamers will have to look forward to."  They obviously shot too high, and rightfully got some heat for it.  Unfortunately, more heat than MS did for fooling gamers at last E3.  Not sure how you can not know about that if you were around here following their reveals. 

The Ryse and Forza (I think Dead Rising 3, as well) demos they were promoting at, and after, E3 were all running on PCs with significantly greater specs than the One, hence those games got significant downgrades before launch.  Forza most notably.  These WERE NOT target vids.  These were actual playable demos that were being promoted as what the final product would look like.  Heck, the fake Forza demo was shown on Jimmy Fallon live.

Around the Network
fallen said:

If DC looks average, how would you describe Forza 5? :p

Sony caused an absolute shit storm with their 2005 E3 trailers. It was almost a decade ago and many people, like yourself, still mention it :p I wouldn't really call that a free pass.

Anyway, for fake demos Forza 5 was the only major case. This was the gameplay MS claimed was running on the X1 at E3 2013. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_NySJyi2pw

And here are some screens from the E3 build and final game.

3D animated crowds at E3 build:

2D static picture at launch ._.

Some gameplay shots of the two versions being played (sorry for quality).

Before:

After:

Forza 5 was still a great game but yeah... people like to throw the word "downgrades" around a lot, but it's rarely justified quite as much as here.

I do agree by the way, C2 did look incredible on PC. Said PC also didn't cost $400 (6 times in-fact >.<), so it's really not a fair comparison.

thismeintiel said:

No, if you watch the vid from that E3, they said pretty much, "We feel that this is what PS3 gamers will have to look forward to."  They obviously shot too high, and rightfully got some heat for it.  Unfortunately, more heat than MS did for fooling gamers at last E3.  Not sure how you can not know about that if you were around here following their reveals. 

The Ryse and Forza (I think Dead Rising 3, as well) demos they were promoting at, and after, E3 were all running on PCs with significantly greater specs than the One, hence those games got significant downgrades before launch.  Forza most notably.  These WERE NOT target vids.  These were actual playable demos that were being promoted as what the final product would look like.  Heck, the fake Forza demo was shown on Jimmy Fallon live.

Agreed 100% on Forza 5, but what were the downgrades in Ryse and DR3? (I see people mention them quite often). Both could certainly have done with some small downgrades to keep the frame rate above 30, but other than the change to the method used to create the Ryse's characters i can't think of any noticeable changes compared to the final product.

Can't say much about DR3 though. The gameplay I've seen doesn't appear any different from the footage i remember seeing at E3, but i haven't taken much of an interest in it so i could be totally wrong on that.

It's interesting you bring up that the Forza 5 stuff was playable by the way. I'd be curious to know which people think is worse, a completely BS trailer (Killzone's E3 2005 one), or a smaller visual lie that's being advertised as real playable gameplay.

(On a side note, we should start wrapping these conversations off. I just realized what thread this is and we are going very off topic >.<)

Zekkyou said:
thismeintiel said:

Agreed 100% on Forza 5, but what were the downgrades in Ryse and DR3? (I see people mention them quite often). Both could certainly have done with some small downgrades to keep the frame rate above 30, but other than the change to the method used to create the Ryse's characters i can't think of any noticeable changes compared to the final product.

Can't say much about DR3 though. The gameplay I've seen doesn't appear any different from the footage i remember seeing at E3, but i haven't taken much of an interest in it so i could be totally wrong on that.

It's interesting you bring up that the Forza 5 stuff was playable by the way. I'd be curious to know which people think is worse, a completely BS trailer (Killzone's E3 2005 one), or a smaller visual lie that's being advertised as real playable gameplay.

(On a side note, we should start wrapping these conversations off. I just realized what thread this is and we are going very off topic >.<)

Small lie??? You are going from a trailer for what sony desired their game to be (and didn't achieved in entirety) agaisn't a fake demo that MS knew was impossible to achieve... and you think MS were less wrong and that Sony got easier off the hook??

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:

Small lie??? You are going from a trailer for what sony desired their game to be (and didn't achieved in entirety) agaisn't a fake demo that MS knew was impossible to achieve... and you think MS were less wrong and that Sony got easier off the hook??

Didn't say it was a small lie, just a smaller visual lie. I know the Sony trailers were target renders, but Sony knew damn well that shit was impossible on the hardware available :P Heck some aspects, like the fire, would still be impressive to see on the PS4.

Zekkyou said:
DonFerrari said:

Didn't say it was a small lie, just a smaller visual lie. I know the Sony trailers were target renders, but Sony knew damn well that shit was impossible on the hardware available :P Heck some aspects, like the fire, would still be impressive to see on the PS4.

But they never claimed they would achieve that or worst in FM5 case that they had achieved that... but Sony still carry some stigma from saying games on PS2 would be pixar like quality... it's been 15 years and people still remember, so I fail to see why so many insiste that Sony always is easily forgiven, while MS is always hated (altough they forgave RROD really fast after MS were obligated to have lengthier warranty).