By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - That game that makes you have a conflict with yourself.

POE said:
Angelus said:
Thought this thread was gonna be about moral conflicts with certain games. Why would I be conflicted just because I dislike something others like? Different strokes

It could generate a conflict in you. "Why in hell does everybody likes something that i hate??"

No silly. I just look down my nose at them for having such poor taste

Around the Network
Angelus said:
POE said:
Angelus said:
Thought this thread was gonna be about moral conflicts with certain games. Why would I be conflicted just because I dislike something others like? Different strokes

It could generate a conflict in you. "Why in hell does everybody likes something that i hate??"

No silly. I just look down my nose at them for having such poor taste

Haha, good answer.

I could not get into Okami.

And I'm a huge Zelda fan.
For the most part it looks quite attractive and I love the sound, but I kept reaching places where I guess I was having contrast or brightness issues or something no matter my TV settings because I was not always able to see the game world or what was going on very well, and I could never quite get everything to work the way I wanted it to in combat. I just stopped a few hours in. It was a couple years ago so I don't remember fully.
The only conflict is if I should try it again.

GTA. There are so many great and fun open world games out there. I don't understand why people crown the most boring one as the king.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

GTA, COD, Uncharted, EDIT: God of War (and any other game where the gamer is basically expected to kill everyone in sight)
The Last of Us, The Walking Dead (and any other game with zombies, zombie-derivates and/or QTE which replace gameplay)

Actually I dislike many mainstream games.

Around the Network

Mario Kart, Pokemon and God of War, though I don't <hate> them.

I thought the OP was going to be about games that we want to hate but can't help loving

To be honest, I've had a recent streak of playing games that critics and fans love, but which I found lackluster. I'm not sure if it's just a bad run of overrated games or if my tastes are becoming different...

The Legend of Zelda.. Except Spirit Tracks.

I think I do not like many things that US gamers really like:

First person view: I often hear that people think that first person view is the most immersive... I simply can't stand the fpv because I feel it lacking. I prefer seeing a character on the screen that I can relate to. First person view simply feels lacking to me.

Open-World-Games: I do not like most open world games. Assassin's Creed is an exception from that rule simply because it lets you free-roam in historic cities... AC2 was on of the best games of last gen because it let you run around Venice and Florence. But AC also offered strong, linear narrative. This is the one thing that I strongly miss in games like Oblivion or Borderlands. In Open-world-Games you often can do so many sidestuff but these games always lacked depth...I often wander around and think to myself "what the hell am I doing here? Why?". These games often have little connection between the story and the world. These sidequests always feels like filler content. There is so much filler, but the actual main story is lacking. There were games like Borderlands or Sacred 2, where I finished a few hundreds quests that felt so repetitive... but I would have difficulties in explaining what the whole games was actually about.

Online Multiplayer modes: I can't understand why people have so much fun with online multiplayer. Almost every game seems to have the same old modes and it literally feels like playing the same old game over and over again.

So, all in all I do not like most "big" western games, especially WRPGs and Shooters.

So is this basically a "which game don't you like which others like" thread? I think we had these already.

Or is this also a thread about other conflicts you can have playing a game?