By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Warframe is PS4's second most-downloaded app (> 2 million); more free-to-play planned

KylieDog said:
The Fury said:
App? It's a game. Ignoring the stupid term, surely this means it's that it's the most downloaded game? As if a game is classed as an app then all games are apps so if Netflix is the most downloaded but it's not a game, then this is the best downloaded game on PS4.

Congratulations.

Forgetting 'free'.  So it is the most downloaded F2P game.

Does that maybe imply that its not the most downloaded game?

I wonder what game has more donwloads that that...I didnt think digital was that popular.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

KylieDog said:

Probably a PS+ game.  Resogun maybe?

Free too... at least in PSN US is yet free since launch.

I guess Warframe is the most download game on PS4... over 2 million is crazy for a 7 million user base even if some guys just tried few minutes.

ethomaz said:

KylieDog said:

Probably a PS+ game.  Resogun maybe?

Free too... at least in PSN US is yet free since launch.

I guess Warframe is the most download game on PS4... over 2 million is crazy for a 7 million user base even if some guys just tried few minutes.

if that were the case they would have simply announced that it was the most downloaded game?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Sad gamers have to play the bad Warframe because PS4 has no games...
Ok, before anyone is thinking I am serious - I am not. Still wondering why people download it, the game doesn't seem to be that good according to reviews.

We already know Planetside 2 and H1Z1, I wonder what else.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Ok, before anyone is thinking I am serious - I am not. Still wondering why people download it, the game doesn't seem to be that good according to reviews.

Fuck the reviews, its a really fun game, only lag messes it up.

Not worth a PS4 purchase but def worth the download. Its also much better than Blacklight Retribution imo.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

ethomaz said:
So amazing game nobody care...

I'm going to my second Warframe... finally a Rhino.

Wow, I have Max level Mag and have level 25 Trinity, get on mah level :O

Stuck betwen Banshee and Rhino

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

the game needs a much better introduction,.. there are so many options and menus that have no explanation. taking me forever to "get the ropes".

..but the gameplay is rock solid. and a surprisingly large amount of content for f2p. i'm enjoying it.

The Fury said:
the-pi-guy said:

This way they can tout PS4 success as a media player.  

Besides

App-> Application -> "a program or piece of software designed and written to fulfill a particular purpose of the user" -> Purpose being entertainment.  

You can buy games on the app store, right?

I know App is application, I hate the term 'App', like it's the cool thing just because of Apple. I like the terms application, well Program is better. Would they shortern it to the 'Prog Store'?

Stupid Apple.

I second this. Annoys the heck out of me. Software/Program is more than sufficient.

walsufnir said:

It is a very solid game. Any reviewer that gave it less than a 7.5 is crazy.