By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think Kingdom Hearts should go to the Wii?

i say ps3 and wii. continue sora's story on wii. make it more fun and light hearted. make gameplay about the controls. on ps3 they will either continue the psp game or start a new part about history of the keyblade and/or the future.

this way the wii gets a fun game and ps3 gets a serious game. and of course keep handheld games coming, more kh = win.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Around the Network

@soccerdrew17
If they make a new game about the Keyblades or continue the BBS, then it's not KH3 as it's about Sora. Surely?

About the subject, they could try and produce the game for both consoles. Same graphical and sound teams for both although bumping up the PS3 side after, just different control teams.

While X would be the common 'hit' button, this could be swapped for the signal of movement on the Wii-mote. Aside from that though, controls might be similar. Movement on analog sticks. Hold Z press A, B or C for do magic (equivilent of hold L1 + press any button). Side menu function in either's D-pad, although this may be harder when swinging the wii-mote about to attack). A,B, and C for other controls, jump etc. (am i missing any?)...(instant action button, triangle in KH2?)

The only problem I could see with Wii controls is the 'hitting' bit as they would no doubt use the wiimote for it and the amount of hits you do in KH, it might get a bit annoying after a time, a quick hit in WiiSports or spin in Mario Galaxy is fine but that many hit's so quickly.

Business wise they account for 2 markets with a combined total sales based of far larger then the one console it's on. (Theyshould have done this with the KH game on DS and PSP, I don't want to buy a DS just for one game).

Hmm, pie.

Personally, I would prefer that this comes to PS3, but I think it would be good on wii if it had 1:1 controls, with special flicks for your shortcut menu stuff, that would be amazing. However, I don't think this game is coming for a long time, cause the KH is busy on FF Versus XIII, which wont come till 09, so I doubt we will see KH 3 until 2011 or 2012, so the question of userbases now is irrelevant,

Stop.

I say it should bc the market so far is there for KH3 however it has always been on PS but PS3 isnt doing nearly as well as it was initially planned to do, so...

"Like you know"

Around the Network

IMO PS3 would be the best place for the game to go ... it would look amazing on a next-gen system .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
IMO PS3 would be the best place for the game to go ... it would look amazing on a next-gen system .

Either you really meant PS4, xbox720, or Wii2....or you are flaming the Wii. That rhetoric is so tired by now.

I definitely hope it comes to the Wii, RPG's ftw.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

No, I generally don't like when series break off the platform they were created on, Kingdom hearts seems like a very story/cutscene enriched type game, in that regard it appeals more to me on a Sony platform. Although I admit, I never played the second one, after they put that one on the DS and I missed out on story x.x I said F*ck that. I think the Wii would be perfect for a separate version of Kingdom Hearts, just not the main story :/

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
No, I generally don't like when series break off the platform they were created on, Kingdom hearts seems like a very story/cutscene enriched type game, in that regard it appeals more to me on a Sony platform. Although I admit, I never played the second one, after they put that one on the DS and I missed out on story x.x I said F*ck that. I think the Wii would be perfect for a separate version of Kingdom Hearts, just not the main story :/

Was Chrono Cross any good?