By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Meta Score Predictions! (Also, Contender for GOTY?)

MK8 MetaScore____

95+ 37 21.26%

90-94 81 46.55%

85-89 44 25.29%

80-84 12 6.90%

Total:174
tbone51 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

The only thing stopping it from a 95+ is the roster's lack of creativity. Other than that there seems to be no room for negative feedback.

Knowing idiots, their will be many reasons.

Ex: Kirby Triple Deluxe= Too Easy (6/10) *Only reason lmao, kirby has always been fun and easy, ironically they give Epic Yarn a 9.5/10 yet you cant die in it -_-

Also DKTF gets some low scores cuz they wanted Metroid lmao, so give the game a lw score cuz its not the game you perferred? 

Let me put it this way then: The obviously flawed title Mario Kart 7 (major short cut exploits, no VS or mission mode and mode to replace them, two uninteresting new items (lucky 7 doesn't count) and, most importantly, no Waluigi) managed to get an 85 score. This title will have several new features, creative new items and map design, and impressive visuals possible not because of high-tech hardware, but because of a skilled and dedicated development team. An alternative way to put it would be that Super Mario 3D World got a 93 and this game shows no reason why it should be of lower quality.

Also, this game is not developed by Retro.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

That's better than MK Wii, why is that a bad score.

Who said thats a bad score?

That what I thought caused you to be angry with him. I know you two have been slapfighting in just about every thread.

oh lol! Not this time >_< I just think he'll eat crow again like last year with SM3DW

How did I eat crow with SM3DWorld?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

That's better than MK Wii, why is that a bad score.

Who said thats a bad score?

That what I thought caused you to be angry with him. I know you two have been slapfighting in just about every thread.

oh lol! Not this time >_< I just think he'll eat crow again like last year with SM3DW

Terrible game, nobody will like it, galaxies much better, etc back after E3 last year...... Even Metascore :0

tbone51 said:
Pavolink said:

Terrible game, nobody will like it, galaxies much better, etc back after E3 last year...... Even Metascore :0

I didn't said it was terrible, but dissapointing compared to galaxy games, which it is. And almost everybody agreed that the announcement trailer was shit. ???

And I like to remind that I make a thread of how 3DWorld didn't move consoles and time has prove me right.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Let me put it this way then: The obviously flawed title Mario Kart 7 (major short cut exploits, no VS or mission mode and mode to replace them, two uninteresting new items (lucky 7 doesn't count) and, most importantly, no Waluigi) managed to get an 85 score. This title will have several new features, creative new items and map design, and impressive visuals possible not because of high-tech hardware, but because of a skilled and dedicated development teamAn alternative way to put it would be that Super Mario 3D World got a 93 and this game shows no reason why it should be of lower quality.

bolded: the devs deserve praise but high tech hardware was necessary for this game to be like this.

Around the Network

89 and no.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Zero999 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Let me put it this way then: The obviously flawed title Mario Kart 7 (major short cut exploits, no VS or mission mode and mode to replace them, two uninteresting new items (lucky 7 doesn't count) and, most importantly, no Waluigi) managed to get an 85 score. This title will have several new features, creative new items and map design, and impressive visuals possible not because of high-tech hardware, but because of a skilled and dedicated development teamAn alternative way to put it would be that Super Mario 3D World got a 93 and this game shows no reason why it should be of lower quality.

bolded: the devs deserve praise but high tech hardware was necessary for this game to be like this.

Though it is subjective, my point was that Wii U is not high tech. And Super Mario Galaxy among others are proof that high technology is not necessary for visuals to be impressive.

i'm guessing 90 and no game of the year :X

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

I predict 91. Unless the reviews get aboard the anti Ninty train again with all the usual ''the game is awsome, it's MK we all love but a other MK is playing it safe, where are the new IPs.'' dumb arguments.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

A few month ago i said 85, but right now i dont see much you could dislike about this game!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert