By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub runs at 1080p 30fps

http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/30/driveclub-1080p30fps-is-absolutely-the-best-thing-for-game-says-director/

“As we’ve got more familiar with the hardware, and also, looking at what we wanted from the game, we decided that 1080p, 30 frames per second is absolutely the best thing, because what that allows us to do is to deliver the most detailed cars in-race that you will ever have seen.

Around the Network

So much for the delay being able to give them enough time to implement 60 fps -__-
I'll wait for GT7...

Not surprised by the 30fps, considering how damn good looking those environments are @_@

I would rather have 720p 60fps cause I like higher frame rates in a racing game

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I always hear people say 60fps in a racer is essential. Interesting to see how this works out.

Around the Network

30fps is fine as long as it's stable 30fps.

give me my 720p at 60 fps. 30fps for racing is meh

Praise the One.

Kind of a strange decision... higher fps is usually better for fast action games like Racers and Fighters.
I think most people would be happier with the higher framerate.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Zekkyou said:
Not surprised by the 30fps, considering how damn good looking those environments are @_@

Agree, all they have to do now is give us sweet gameplay video's and I will get hyped. 

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

VitroBahllee said:
I always hear people say 60fps in a racer is essential. Interesting to see how this works out.

I believe 60fps has always been considered essential if it is a sim racer. Arcadey racers like Need for Speed have always been 30fps if I am not mistaken.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!