By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub release date

Hmm, it's coming out alot later then I thought it would. Not sure if I will pick this up. The holidays have tons of other games too.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
This game having a PS+ version AND coming out on the same day as too many other games just screams failure. Hopefully I'm wrong but if this and The Order are all Sony has this holiday people are gonna be pissed.

Seriously, that is one hell of a leap you've made there. Being pissed about this planned-for-PS4-launch game coming out 11 months late, I get that, but being pissed about Sony only having 2 PS4 exclusives during the holidays? The only people that are going to be pissed about this are a possibly very vocal but still extremely small minority on the internet, the majority of people are going to be mostly buying and playing multiplats this holiday season, on both machines.

In fact, if The Order and Driveclub turn out well, then I really don't see anybody being pissed.

poklane said:
ethomaz said:

More info...

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/with_replies

About car hosters: @J23PR We'll annoucing cars gradually up until launch. Hope you spotted some new cars in the latest trailer!
About single player: @andyst32 Absolutely. You can play through the entire single player campaign with no online connection.
About PS+ Edition: @ProjectTyrant The PS+ Edition is unaffected.
About Platinum Difficult: @KevinBahar Good question, I'd say about 5/10. We didn't want to make it too hard or too grindy that's for sure.
About E3: @highvoltagepsn You'll be playing it at E3, not watching ;)
About Photo Mode: @TyrantII All these details will be fleshed out over the next few weeks.

Awesome! Might platinum this one. Photo mode is just awesome and I'm wondering if we will get a demo.

I guess the PS+ Edition will be the demo.

ethomaz said:

I guess the PS+ Edition will be the demo.

According to them, it features the Single Player, Multiplayer and the asynchronous challenges, but may be missing assets like some cars and tracks. You can also upgrade to the full game for an unannounced fee. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/461208/driveclub-ps-plus-edition-still-on-track-for-release/

October 11th headline:

"Driveclub developer hit with layoffs"

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network
JOKA_ said:
October 11th headline:

"Driveclub developer hit with layoffs"

hope not, that would really kill the games momentum going into the holiday season. 

Me gusta queso 

psn id: rychussnik

Sucks UK get it last but still gonna get it cause it looks awesome

lucidium said:
fleischr said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Oh and by the way, this game looks amazing!!!!!

Project CARs looks amazing-er.

I would argue that the tracks look much nicer on driveclub, but theyre two entirely different approaches, so who gives a rats ass.

You know there will be blood because Driveclub, Project cars and possibly even Forza Horizon will launch in the same time frame this year^^

All of the pixel counter folks will leave their caves for a few weeks.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
lucidium said:
fleischr said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Oh and by the way, this game looks amazing!!!!!

Project CARs looks amazing-er.

I would argue that the tracks look much nicer on driveclub, but theyre two entirely different approaches, so who gives a rats ass.

You know there will be blood because Driveclub, Project cars and possibly even Forza Horizon will launch in the same time frame this year^^

All of the pixel counter folks will leave their caves for a few weeks.

Sucks for all those games. I'll be way too busy playing Dragon Age in October 

Angelus said:

Sucks for all those games. I'll be way too busy playing Dragon Age in October

Which I agree is by far the most fun driving sim coming out this year.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.