By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A policy message from Nintendo...

My mother called me about my dads birthday today. She wanted to make sure that I didn't buy anything for him yet, so that we together could buy "One of those Wii-games, that look so funny, as a birthday present".

Nintendo got another costumer.

My dad will get a Wii before me.

And this feels like just another example why the Wii-epidemic will continue on and on and on...  

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad
Around the Network

Wow...
you see guys. this is what i mean on how the wii appeals to a wide aduience age group
from kids to adults...
thnx for sharing and i like ur sig a lot

Stories like this almost never existed last gen, I hope your Dad has a blast with it.

^ Yeah I know....The only thing I heard was "My dad occassionally plays games with me"

dsoverpsp said:
Wow...
you see guys. this is what i mean on how the wii appeals to a wide aduience age group
from kids to adults...
thnx for sharing and i like ur sig a lot

Yes the Wii does appeal to a wide audience. Funny enough, so do graphics/sounds for my dad (and his friends at least).

My parents think the Wii is cool, but my dad (and his friends) were like glued to watching the TV when I was playing Call of Duty 4 on our HDTV and surround sound setup. 

Around the Network

I hope your dad enjoys the Wii, but, *scratches head* how in the heck does the title of this thread tie in with the topic of your original post?

Because Nintendo will be adding a new slogan?

"Kid tested, father approved"

..............a slogan which isn't a blatent rip off the cereal commercials.

IllegalPaladin, did you dad and his friends actually play Call of Duty 4 for any length of time, or did they just watch?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Yo, that slogan was definitely for Kix Cereal. God I loved those balls of beautiful cereal.

Back on topic: That's a fun story. But seriously do we need to keep hearing these stories? We get it: the Wii has a huge casual audience that's going to continue to grow. If anybody out there still thinks this is a fad really needs to wake up. I came to my senses ages ago. Instead, I now just complain about how Carnival Games outsold Metroid ;)

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

So what are you getting him? Rayman Raving Rabbids 1 or 2? Carnival games? Wiiplay for the wiimote?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.