By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Gameplay

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

What part of my comment is a "jab"?

The gameplay trailer consisted of 3 players versus various computer opponents, just like in Halo 3's campaign. Titanfall has no campaign mode, so its only viable if you are comparing Titan Fall multiplayer to Destiny multiplayer.

Your infantile attempt to disregard my post as mocking is obviously a product of being hardheaded and a result of your refusal to consider any opinions but your own and those like it as valid.

Don't spout of words like relevant, when we are talking about opinions here, this isn't a debate or an argument. You are simply wrong in your comparison.  Like J_Allard said its like comparing GT to Mario Kart, Driving Simulator vs Kart Racing.

Obviously the bot comment. It’s a jab and not remotely funny.

The Destiny trailers have been incredibly dull. We’re basically watching someone playing an uninteresting scene of the game. Look through the thread and you'll find a lot of people bored by this trailer regardless of their console allegiance.

Once again, a lot of people are bored by this trailer because its flat out boring. This is a fact. Even racing simulators have had more compelling trailers.

This game is day one for me simply because I’m a fan of Halo and its clearly inspired by Borderlands. But these trailers have been doing little to get me and clearly other users excited about the game.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

What part of my comment is a "jab"?

The gameplay trailer consisted of 3 players versus various computer opponents, just like in Halo 3's campaign. Titanfall has no campaign mode, so its only viable if you are comparing Titan Fall multiplayer to Destiny multiplayer.

Your infantile attempt to disregard my post as mocking is obviously a product of being hardheaded and a result of your refusal to consider any opinions but your own and those like it as valid.

Don't spout of words like relevant, when we are talking about opinions here, this isn't a debate or an argument. You are simply wrong in your comparison.  Like J_Allard said its like comparing GT to Mario Kart, Driving Simulator vs Kart Racing.

Obviously the bot comment. It’s a jab and not remotely funny.

The Destiny trailers have been incredibly dull. We’re basically watching someone playing an uninteresting scene of the game. Look through the thread and you'll find a lot of people bored by this trailer regardless of their console allegiance.

Once again, a lot of people are bored by this trailer because its flat out boring. This is a fact. Even racing simulators have had more compelling trailers.

This game is day one for me simply because I’m a fan of Halo and its clearly inspired by Borderlands. But these trailers have been doing little to get me and clearly other users excited about the game.

Bullshit. You are fighting AI opponents, that's just another term for bots. Do I have to spell it out for you? There are no human opponents in that video.

How is being boring a fact? Surely, you are the one joking if you don't understand what AI is and the difference between subjectivity and objectivity are.

Talking about relevancy like this is something that can be debated. 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

papamudd said:
I don't get how people can look at / play titanfall and praise the crap out recycled mechanics and botzone then look at destiny which should have something actually new to offer in gaming and snub their noses at it...

I don't get how with an opinion, you fail to realize others too have opinions.

It looked pretty good to me. It seemed boring because it was clearly scripted. What happened was supposed to happen. No sense of urgency at all. Playing it would be different, I'd imagine.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

How is being boring a fact? Surely, you are the one joking if you don't understand what AI is and the difference between subjectivity and objectivity are.

Talking about relevancy like this is something that can be debated. 

I'm saying the several of the trailers have been boring. Most things we have seen thus far just make it look like an average shooter. That's not subjective, its more like a concensus based on a lot of opinions on this thread.

Anyhow, I'm still looking forward to the game. And I hope they're holding back on footage that actually looks interesting.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

episteme said:
Pemalite said:

Agreed! I thought I was the only one who felt the same and just put it down to a lack of a PC-release which made me disinterested.

It looks pretty slow. Well, I played Quake 3 for years, therefore almost everything seems slow to me.

I still hope that it comes to PC. Can't stand analog stick controls in shooters.

"Twitch Shooters" seem to have been on a decline the last generation, generation before that it was all the rage...

I was actually hoping Epic Games would actually do an Unreal Tournament 4 to showcase the new engine like they have done so with every major engine release, but even that prospect is looking rather unlikely at this stage.

I have to admit though, some shooters work well with analogue sticks, provided you can forgive the abundant amount of "hand holding" (Aka, auto-aim) but nothing will ever replace the venerable mouse for me. :D

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

It looks cool. Wonder what extras are gonna come PS4 way.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

I assume it doesn't have a proper single player campaign. That's my main interest with fps games to work through a story, enjoy the scenery and action and complete the game with a grand ending. Perhaps 10-15hrs worth.