By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you have a soft spot for Nintendo?

I have a soft spot for Nintendo, but Nintendo also introduced me to shovelware with their Wii. (not the first time I experienced it, with the Atari 2000 I had the same) And because I was such a fan I still bought the WII just for the exclusives, but to be honest I wasn't convinced by these. There are only three games which I liked on the WII: Xenoblade, Mariokart WII and New Mario WII!

Around the Network
ICStats said:
JazzB1987 said:

But
I defend them when they make a powerful enough console like the WiiU.
Games so far are limited by imagination/creativity not power.

This is a DS game:

great atmosphere thanks to art style

This is a PS3 game:

boring visuals

This is a Wii game:

Huge somewhat open world game with towns etc.

This is a PS360 game:

Townless corridor game

That's just cherry picking boring scenes on PS3.  I'm sure you can do better than that.

Of course its cherry picking  it was supposed to be....   It shows that you can have uber hardware but when people not even try on purpose then hardware is irrelevant. 

ICStats said:
JazzB1987 said:

But

This is a DS game:

This is a PS3 game:

boring visuals

This is a Wii game:

This is a PS360 game:

Townless corridor game

That's just cherry picking boring scenes on PS3.  I'm sure you can do better than that.

Of course its cherry picking  it was supposed to be....   It shows that you can have uber hardware but when people not even try on purpose then hardware is irrelevant. 

JazzB1987 said:
ICStats said:

But, but, but Tflops and GDDR5.......

JazzB1987 said:
ICStats said:
JazzB1987 said:

But

This is a DS game:

This is a PS3 game:

boring visuals

This is a Wii game:

This is a PS360 game:

Townless corridor game

brilliant

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Richard_Feynman said:
F0X said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
My soft spot for Nintendo has about 5 hp left, Sticker Star made me take a lot of damage but Rosalina in Smash might restore 50 hp in my trust of Nintendo, or a console Kirby Game (Yah Right)

Xenoblade and the past two Zelda releases are on my top 10 best games ever list now, so a lot of my faith in Nintendo's dev teams has been restored even though Golden Sun, Metroid, and Paper Mario heavily disappointed me.

In fact, once X comes out, I'll be buying a Wii U.

Xenoblade was made by Monolith who isn't owned by Nintendo.

afaik

Fact check: Monolith is owned by Nintendo

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

I do.

The last Nintendo systems I bought prior to my Wii U were the N64 and GBA.

In my youth, I felt envious of the PS owners because they had so many more and cheaper games. Eventually I got a PS2 and 360. Then I got bored. Even the best of what these consoles had to offer felt uninspired. And I don't expect anything different from PS4 or Xone.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

JazzB1987 said:

But when they do try, it is relevant.

And when you reach the point of multiplats.. well, would you like me to compare screenshots of cod:ghosts across the various systems?

Nope, the last Nintendo system I owned was Super Nintendo. Nintendo makes great games but they're completely clueless when it comes to giving people what they want. Their arrogance has made them pretty much irrelevant in the console market. They should stick to handhelds or just go 3rd party. It's remake after remake with them. Sony and Microsoft actually understand the gaming market and work with 3rd parties. That's why ps4 and xbox1 will blow wiiu away when this generation is done. But Nintendo won't learn their lesson they never due

Nintendo was good to me growing up so I am good to them :)

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179