By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Remakes Sold Very Well? (Compared to Original Sales)

brendude13 said:

Didn't Persona 3 Portable sell very well?

yes it did, in fact it was close of beating it or actually did beat it! Once i add more games, i'll do persona 3 first

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Some remasters though are remakes, i would add in FFX HD, but how do i compare it? There's 2 games! Help me out!

And from play through, WW HD is a remake, Wayyyy more so than LoZ OoT 3D

I dunno.  It's your thread!

NintendoPie said:

I feel as though maybe I didn't completely convey my point with the italics. The thing is, these are Collections; two or more games in one. This is why they don't count and WW:HD does, because WW:HD is one game. 

However, I don't really know if these points match up with Tbone's. If they don't, then I have no clue what he's on about.

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

I dunno.  It's your thread!

NintendoPie said:

Im trying to be fair... PLS UNDERSTAND :(

the-pi-guy said:
tbone51 said:

Im trying to be fair... PLS UNDERSTAND :(

Make a separate list for collections.

I got to keep up with this thread first! Maybe next project, beside collection is much harder to do as i have to get all the games for one 0.o

FFIII nes-snes-ds both sold better then the nes version

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
NintendoPie said:

I'm sorry I couldn't deal with how crazy that statement was! You are saying a collection should count if an HD re-make/re-master does? WW:HD could be argued as a quite complete re-make considering how they changed aspects of the game.

They changed a great deal in the FFX/X2 collection they released - new soundtrack; new battle UI and even added some new content in.  Evidently, Square-Enix still considered it to be a Remaster because of the way the game was developed (i.e. porting the original source code rather than building-from-the-ground-up).

If we're including remasters, then great.  There's a whole sea of them contained in HD Collections.

If we're only counting remakes, then that's great too.  But there's a lot of remasters in the OP (Persona 4 would be another).

"Remake" in developer terms =/= "remake" in average gamer terms

Some people consider remasters to be remakes regardless of it being right or wrong.

Edit: I think the real issue here is that it is hard to compare the sale of two or more games together versus just one game.

Halo CE 6.43 > Halo CE Anniversary 2.23
Just under 35% of the originals sales

jigokutamago said:
Kresnik said:
NintendoPie said:

"Remake" in developer terms =/= "remake" in average gamer terms

Some people consider remasters to be remakes regardless of it being right or wrong.

Edit: I think the real issue here is that it is hard to compare the sale of two or more games together versus just one game.

its definitely hard to compare, FFX-X2 HD is a great example

Not sure if they're all good enough:

Castlevania -> Super Castlevania: 1.23M (NES) -> 0.63M (SNES) 51%

Metroid -> Zero Mission: 2.73 (NES) -> 0.84 (GBA) 31%

Resident Evil -> REmake: 5.05M (PS1) -> 1.42M (GCN) 28%

Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls (and more Final Fantasy games)

Super Mario All-Stars

ZombiU? (reboot or remake?)

Okami maybe ?

But it's only digital in europe/us, so we can't really know.