By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you want Sony to make Demon's Souls 2?

I'm just curious, since we have Dark Souls, would another Demon's Souls seem redundant? Is there anything wrong with two Souls series going on at once? Demon's Souls would of course be a PS4 exclusive while Dark Souls would stay multiplatform. Personally I'm a big fan of the series, so I would love more Souls games.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Yes! Its would be a smart move by Sony! bringing the Souls fanbase to PS4(which is predominant on PS3)

No. I want them to port Demon's Souls and get Namco Bandai to port Dark Souls 1 and 2. That way I can keep complaining.

No, I want From Software to make it.

I believe that sony is letting the Souls franchise grow. When it has grown enough and has a loyal fanbase (especially a loyal fanbase on the xbox360 and probably x1) then sony will release demon souls 2, exclusive to ps4 of course, attracting all those loyal fans to the ps4

Around the Network

No, it would be a pretty unecessary thing to do. Dark souls is in great hands, if sony are gonna invest in a exclusive it should be something that isn't already on its way... dark souls 3 is a given.

Nope. I found Demon's Souls so dull after the first few hours that I didn't even bother finishing it, whereas I played Dark Souls a good four times and got the platinum trophy, and have already put 45 hours into Dark Souls 2. The two Dark games are both so much more engaging, with infinitely better design and art direction.

Given that it would be From Software developing a potential Demon's Souls 2, I'd much rather they pushed on with Dark Souls 3. If Sony could have their own Japan studio work on it, and make it far more Dark Souls than Demon's Souls, I'd be all over it, as I'd also have Dark Souls 3 on the way.

Ultimately I think asking for Demon's Souls 2 is a bit redundant. They've got a good thing going with Dark Souls, and the PS4 will have plenty of exclusive games coming its way, so I don't think it needs a Demon's Souls 2.

I wouldn't mind. I preferred DeS over DaS so I'd love to get a DeS2

I would buy it for sure, but I don't know how well it would do in comparison to Dark Souls. Dark is what it is because of the foundation that Demon set. However Demon would have a lot to live up to at this point to pull fans back from Dark. The 360 and X1 fanbase is irrelevant here, as they will just see it as the same game. They would have to redefine a game that redefined the genre to begin with to put in a league of its own, which is no easy feat.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Yes I want them to make it. Still wouldn't play it though.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.