By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Digital Foundry Face-off we've all been waiting for his here

Nintentacle said:
There's no point in comparing the PS4 and Xbox One versions when they're pretty much the exact same thing.

You miss the point why DF exist then, its here to point out any and every differences betweem the versions even if it comes out as "pretty much the exact same thing".

Around the Network

Awesome, both versions are 1920x1080, finally parity! Oh wait, PS4 is 1920x1280, even higher?!

Serious_frusting said:
True story

My 6 year old nephew was playing that lego marvel demo on my PS4. his 2 year old brother was playing with actual lego. When he looked at the tv he grabbed his lego and pressed it up by the screen whilst talking in baby language.

I jumped up in my screens defense and removed him from it. Then i looked at his mum and said, at least his observative eough to know that the game (dhudfhud) is playing is all lego stuff.

Point of the story, well its more interesting than that "face off"

It's also the most interesting thing in this thread

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

lucidium said:
curl-6 said:

Around when did monitors go widescreen and PC gaming shift to literal 1080p?

Mid 2002 was when the first 1080p monitors using LCD appeared, there were a couple widescreen CRT monstrosities, but in general people stuck with CRTs until the price of LCD monitors started to fall around 2004, 4:3 was still the norm for LCD up until late 2005 with higher end displays sporting 16:9, wasnt until late 2006 that people started to adopt 1080p lcd in larger numbers because at that point they were just starting to shift in to affordability.

Yeah, I think I remember first game benchmarks sites have started using 1920x1200 and 2560x1600 sometime during 2006.

I remember having 19' Samsung 4:3 CRT around that time which was able to pull that silly 1920x1440 resolution...everything was so damn small :)

So they're telling me they couldn't do this at 60fps on PS4?

PS4 doomed confirmed.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
PDF said:
Whoa that was good looking for a Lego game. Especially liked the Shire.

Me too. I thought graphics in Lego games couldn't get much better, but I was wrong.

The way the game looks, both consoles should be doing 1080/60. I dont know why they cap the frame-rate to 30. Maybe the games are built around 30 like dead nation?

Nintentacle said:

But even that is useless when you take into account the entire, endless universe.

Only the observable part of the universe matters in science because science is based on observation, everything else is philosophy.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I actually started playing this last night, on WiiU, which is conspicuously absent from the comparison X(

The visuals are pretty impressive, to be honest, although it's been a full generation since I played a LEGO game, so I might be easy to impress.

Mmm, I love the smell of secret sauce in the morning!