By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Should Go On A Buying Spree of Companies! But Which?

Who Should Nintendo Buy?

Ubisoft 12 4.55%

Capcom 78 29.55%

Konami 4 1.52%

Square Enix 32 12.12%

Take Two Interactive 12 4.55%

EA Games 17 6.44%

Sega 58 21.97%

Other 22 8.33%

No Company 29 10.98%

Total:264

They should buy Apple. Those guys really know how to print money.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

The ones you put in the poll are Publishers, not only devs. In other words, way too big to buy. Typically publishers purchase independent developers, not publishers buying publishers.

If we're pretending that they can buy a company based on it's "worth" just by dropping a check on a table then I say Deep Silver. Saint's Row and Dead Island on a Nintendo home console would be interesting.

Really, though, Nintendo missed out big-time during the THQ fire-sale.

I wouldn't buy any big publishers. Instead, I'd buy smaller developers & extend the studios they already own.

This should start with Retro. They should continue adding staff until they become like Rare in the 90's. They could release about a game per year that way.

pokoko said:
If we're pretending that they can buy a company based on it's "worth" just by dropping a check on a table then I say Deep Silver. Saint's Row and Dead Island on a Nintendo home console would be interesting.

Really, though, Nintendo missed out big-time during the THQ fire-sale.

Obviously it is not that easy to drop a check but I mean who they should go after and try negotiating with.

Around the Network

Capcom, Sega, and Square Enix. Lots of good franchises are owned by those three.

Come on, they won't buy entire publishers... Some of them have more employees than Nintendo.

I hope they buy some studios comparable to Retro and Monolith.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Don't think OP knows how business works, unless this is imagination, then they should buy Sega or EA obviously.
Sega for Japan, EA for everywhere else.

How does business work? Companies can buy other companies. Whats your point?

Sega of course, because Atlus

Click HERE and be happy 

JayWood2010 said:

The ones you put in the poll are Publishers, not only devs. In other words, way too big to buy. Typically publishers purchase independent developers, not publishers buying publishers.

How much a business is worth is based on its assets. Intellectual properties are assets. I put how much some companies were worth. A company can buy publishers as Sega bought Index.