By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Should Go On A Buying Spree of Companies! But Which?

Who Should Nintendo Buy?

Ubisoft 12 4.55%

Capcom 78 29.55%

Konami 4 1.52%

Square Enix 32 12.12%

Take Two Interactive 12 4.55%

EA Games 17 6.44%

Sega 58 21.97%

Other 22 8.33%

No Company 29 10.98%

Total:264

Level-5 - The only candidate.

They have an eye for multimedia properties and have also performed well on Nintendo platforms.

Around the Network

The dream scenario would be Sega, but that's not happening. Besides, Nintendo already has a very good relationship with them.

A more realistic scenario is the acquisition of Capcom. They're doing very poorly financially. Nintendo nets exclusive rights to mature franchises that will sell hardware. Capcom nets financial stability allowing them to take more risks.

Street Fighter
Monster Hunter
Mega Man
Resident Evil
Devil May Cry
Dead Rising
Lost Planet

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Ubisoft as a whole is only worth $1.34 billion.

I think is the best cost/benefit relation.
They would reach western market , while paying less than square or capcom.
but i know is very unrealistic.

Capcom

Sega would make the most sense in my opinion.

If anyone were to buy Nintendo, Disney would be the best fit.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
awesomeabe1998 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Don't think OP knows how business works, unless this is imagination, then they should buy Sega or EA obviously.
Sega for Japan, EA for everywhere else.

How does business work? Companies can buy other companies. Whats your point?

These companies need to be put for sale, before they can be bought, and its rare that a company would sell any assets including shares of itself at its market value since they want to make money of course. Furthemore, the company will need to have shares public enough that the company buying them could have a controlling stake in them, its not as simple as spending a cash reserve :|

Yeah, you aren't a business major. You have no idea how this works...

A sex toy company. They need to make a Wii Mote with the shape of a dick. I would love to have one! The Wii Mote is kinda rough.

Out of the big publishers, I think the only one plausible would be Tecmo Koei. Have'nt read all the comments but I'm surprised I did'nt see anyone mentionning them.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Sega, Level 5, Capcom, and Platinum Games.

spurgeonryan said:
Rockstar and Naughty Dog. Not only would this be huge, but it would greatly hurt Sony and Microsoft!

Square may be cheap right now as well. Not saying the other two are cheap, just that Square would be a good one to get as well.

Gta is published by Take Two and Naughty Dog is owned by Sony.