By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that you (didn't) want(ed) to end

Wright said:

Professor Layton Vs Ace Attorney is another game I didn't want it to end. 

I bloody loved that game! 

Around the Network

I wanted Fallout New Vegas to keep going. I wanted to keep discovering stuff. I wanted more DLC and more adventuring. I wanted to keep being The Courier.

I wanted that Kingdoms of Amalur game to end. Way too many side-quests and the combat became repetitive. I wasn't even near the end and I was wrecking things left and right. It was a good game but it had too much content, if that makes sense.

Squeezol said:
Wright said:

It didn't help either that the game was also, very long by today standards. It is almost thirty hours if you aim to complete every puzzle.

pokoko said:
I wanted Fallout New Vegas to keep going.

Interesting. I always thought you prefer 3 over New Vegas.

And I agree with you, even with the glitches (and how the game was breaking more and more itself the longer you play it), I didn't want that one to end either.

Wright said:
Squeezol said:
Wright said:

It didn't help either that the game was also, very long by today standards. It is almost thirty hours if you aim to complete every puzzle.

For me it's 20 hours main game and I skipped a lot of puzzles (because I was lazy) so I did them afterwards which got me to around 25 hours. Most puzzles are pretty easy but that has to do with the fact that the game is a crossover, I guess. I loved the fact that everything was revolved around witches. It helped for interesting cases for the Phoenix Wright sections and it was obviousily a good mystery for Professor Layton. The ending, however, did try a little bit too much IMO and it lasted longer than your usual Layton game ending while still leaving some subjects untouched, so that's a shame. 

Around the Network

FFXII - To not end, there was so much to do though that I didn't like it lacked, it just kept going. The only FF game I would happily like there to me more story. The others were perfectly great as they were.

To end - Resident Evil 5, first mission, lots of zombies, crappy controls, so I died and tried again but failed. Turned it off... so it did end. :)

Hmm, pie.

Squeezol said:
Wright said:

For me it's 20 hours main game and I skipped a lot of puzzles (because I was lazy) so I did them afterwards which got me to around 25 hours. Most puzzles are pretty easy but that has to do with the fact that the game is a crossover, I guess. I loved the fact that everything was revolved around witches. It helped for interesting cases for the Phoenix Wright sections and it was obviousily a good mystery for Professor Layton. The ending, however, did try a little bit too much IMO and it lasted longer than your usual Layton game ending while still leaving some subjects untouched, so that's a shame. 

You know how things are. With Layton, everything has a rational explanation at the end, so considering the madness that those first 18 hours had brought to the table, the ending had to be long, and it was bound to leave some things unexplained.

I didn't mind, though. I didn't want it to end...

Wright said:
Squeezol said:
Wright said:

You know how things are. With Layton, everything has a rational explanation at the end, so considering the madness that those first 18 hours had brought to the table, the ending had to be long, and it was bound to leave some things unexplained.

I didn't mind, though. I didn't want it to end...

Haha, true. I loved it as well.

AZWification said:
whatever said:
Eternal Darkness (Gamecube).

The sanity effects were so damn cool! Specially the Blue Screen of Death one!

It was just an all around great game.  Then it made me sh*t my pants by telling me it deleted my save file, only to find out it was part of the "sanity" meter effects.  It was crazy!

1 . Ni No Kuni game was absolutely beautiful!
2. Dragon Quest 8 Love the atmosphere
3. Tales of Vesperia my favorite tales game and also the one with the best VOice acting and Characters imo

---------------
Games I wanted to end
FF13 - Didn't like
Uncharted 2 - Didn't like
AC4 (I LOVED it) but the issue was the finicky and terrible climbing mechanics made this a game that deserved a 10/10 into a 7/10 experience.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)