By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What do you think about him?

Why all the hate, he's trying 80 65.57%

He's a lying douchebag 42 34.43%

Total:122

I don't like him either.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

No, actually quite the opposite.  After today's reveal that Tales of Hearts R coming is in no small part down to him; alongside him getting Football Manager Classic on the Vita, I'd say he's gone above and beyond what I expected of him which was mostly just indie games.  And on top of that, the indie games he does choose are normally of an excellent quality in terms of both the original game chosen and the port. 

I'd agree that the way he hypes things is a little too strong, but I feel like he's really delivered for the console I love.  Hearts R really is the kicker for me.  I'm genuinely impressed that he managed to pull that off.

MikeRox said:
fireburn95 said:
His job is to bring indies to vita, so he is doing his job? If you want to complain about the AAA games argue with the right DEPARTMENT dont attack a person doing his job, and doing it quite well as well.

Isn't he a content manager for PlayStation? Meaning his remit goes way beyond indies. But working with the tools you have, he was able to get far more indies across. Starlight Inception this week is a particularly exciting release.

But again, Football Manager and Tales of Hearts R alone are big coups as 2014 Western releases for a console that's almost selling negative each month in the West.

Or yeah, content manager, but either way, he is not the only guy doing the job, he is the most vocal however of his love of dev's so his face is put front and center and for OP to say shahid is full of crap when the guy has brought well over 10, maybe 20 top titles to vita. As in the devs probably were gonna release just on ps3 / ps4 but he / his team worked with them to get on vita too.

I do.

I can't believe this thread happened after Hearts R got announced. I'm pretty happy about it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Hearts R was just announced for Vita... he has done his job =D

As you can see it was the most requested game

Besides all the indies, with the recent influx of announcements about a bunch of Japanese games making it over to the west, he's lived up to most of his promises. Tales of Hearts R and Soul Sacrifice Delta are perhaps two of the biggest scoops among others (Freedom Wars looks amazing) that establishes the vision of Vita being a JRPG machine. I can definitely see him delivering more in the future as well. Overall, he's a great guy. Perhaps he likes to hype things very early, but I appreciate the hype and can be patient as long as it bears fruit.

KylieDog said:
He doesn't get the games people want most and he overhypes games that most people don't give a crap about, gets backlash then does it again.

Bit of an ass, you don't have to promote that game that released on PC and iOS ages ago as "Just done a deal for a great Vita game people want, coming soon, can't say anything yet!"

I thought that was Tales of Hearts R.

GdaTyler said:
Ka-pi96 said:
I'd like to see a lot more come from him, but then again he only has so much he can reasonably do. If the guys at the top don't give him the resources to go after really good games then there isn't much he can do about it.

What I hate is he likes to overhype things that don't exist, which pisses me off. If something is not real stfu. Most of the time he doesn't keep his promises. 

Once again I am reminded of why some indie studios have quietly whispered that videogame 'fans' are the worst type.

He's just doing his job man! Ok. And he's trying his best - and that includes projecting a positive attitude towards the Vita community. 

"Seriously, fvck you Shahid...What do you think about this douche? ...What I hate... pisses me off...stfu. "

This thread can be found by anyone and if he googles his name and these kind of things come up then what does that mean? You don't have to be so hateful towards a person who's trying to do his job. You can just say you are "disappointed" and end it there.

What's wrong with gamers. (rhetorical)

GdaTyler said:

So many empty promises. All he has delivered is indie games for the Vita, nothing else (I love indies, but it does absolutely nothing to help the system in sales) . Gio Corsi has surpassed him for actually doing something substantial for the Vita. Seriously, fvck you Shahid for teasing things that don't exist ("Amazing big Vita title" comes to mind) and JRPG Vita as well. Where's type-0? What do you think about this douche? Rant over.

Handling getting games on the vita is his fucking job, a job he is doing, just because they aren't the exact games you want doesn't make the work hes done any less relivant.

And hes a perfectly nice guy, committed and fully interested in his job, thats the perspective I got of him while having dinner with him last year.

To those whining about hyping up indies, What the fuck do you guys want him to say exactly? "hey everyone, ive got another game on board for vita but some of you toffy nosed snobs wont like it so ill leave it at that" ?