By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 confirmed to support Classic Controller + Classic Controller Pro! Video Proof! <(^_^<)

Einsam_Delphin said:
bonzobanana said:
I hope the game supports the analogue shoulder buttons of the original classic controller. I'm so used to playing 360 and PS3 racing games with analogue triggers now. I can't get used to the rubbish on/off triggers of the gamepad. It's nice to control the speed with fine control of pressure on triggers or light and strong braking etc. Sometimes it adds to playability of racing games.

What would that add to Mario Kart though? You're either gonna be max accelerating or max brakeing 99% of the time, and you can always just quickly/slowly tap the button to adjust your speed in those rare scenarios where that's needed.

It doesn't feel the same and there are lots of games that benefit from analogue triggers. You could say the same about analogue sticks and just have a digital stick like the old snes pads however again I think the precise control of analogue adds to the feel. Mario kart was still fully controllable with a snes pad its just a question of is it better with analogue and I certainly think it is. Can you imagine Sony or Microsoft abandoning analogue triggers? In fact Microsoft added force feedback to the triggers of the xbox one which is even better. That would have been brilliant in Mario Kart to add to the feel of the game.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Wii Wheel for men.

I hope they continue to show the golden Wii Wheel logo online for those manly men.

bonzobanana said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
bonzobanana said:
I hope the game supports the analogue shoulder buttons of the original classic controller. I'm so used to playing 360 and PS3 racing games with analogue triggers now. I can't get used to the rubbish on/off triggers of the gamepad. It's nice to control the speed with fine control of pressure on triggers or light and strong braking etc. Sometimes it adds to playability of racing games.

What would that add to Mario Kart though? You're either gonna be max accelerating or max brakeing 99% of the time, and you can always just quickly/slowly tap the button to adjust your speed in those rare scenarios where that's needed.

It doesn't feel the same and there are lots of games that benefit from analogue triggers. You could say the same about analogue sticks and just have a digital stick like the old snes pads however again I think the precise control of analogue adds to the feel. Mario kart was still fully controllable with a snes pad its just a question of is it better with analogue and I certainly think it is. Can you imagine Sony or Microsoft abandoning analogue triggers? In fact Microsoft added force feedback to the triggers of the xbox one which is even better. That would have been brilliant in Mario Kart to add to the feel of the game.

So it would add to it's feel, whatever the heck that means!

t3mporary_126 said:
Pavolink said:
Wii Wheel for men.

I hope they continue to show the golden Wii Wheel logo online for those manly men.

I think they did in MK7 so they no doubt will here too, although it'd be for motion controls in general, meaning it'll include the gamepad and not just the Wii Wheel!

Einsam_Delphin said:
bonzobanana said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
bonzobanana said:

So it would add to it's feel, whatever the heck that means!

I don't know if you are a driver yourself but normal cars or even karts don't operate by either full pressure on the accelerator pedal or no pressure at all i.e. 2 steps only. Same with braking you don't fully brake then quickly release then fully brake for partial braking.  Giving the player more precise control of the kart is not a bad thing and does add to the feel making it seem more like a real vehicle in the way it handles. This isn't new its something that has been going on a very long time in gaming and its a shame Nintendo costed this out of the gamepad design. It adds to the gaming experience. 

Around the Network
bonzobanana said:

I don't know if you are a driver yourself but normal cars or even karts don't operate by either full pressure on the accelerator pedal or no pressure at all i.e. 2 steps only. Same with braking you don't fully brake then quickly release then fully brake for partial braking.  Giving the player more precise control of the kart is not a bad thing and does add to the feel making it seem more like a real vehicle in the way it handles. This isn't new its something that has been going on a very long time in gaming and its a shame Nintendo costed this out of the gamepad design. It adds to the gaming experience. 

I generally don't want my games to simulate real life, so that's probably why that idea isn't important to me. Also, for driving like in real life, that's what the Wii Wheel is for! It's a better replication of real driving since you actually use your hands to turn a steering wheel, whereas you don't use your hands to accelerate/brake.

RobDX said:
that's great! I was also worried but now I have enough controllers

What?

The classic and classic pro require a wii-mote to use, so even if it didnt support them you would presumably have enough

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Einsam_Delphin said:

I generally don't want my games to simulate real life, so that's probably why that idea isn't important to me. Also, for driving like in real life, that's what the Wii Wheel is for! It's a better replication of real driving since you actually use your hands to turn a steering wheel, whereas you don't use your hands to accelerate/brake.

Surely you see the advantages of going from the snes pad to analogue sticks and triggers.  I was amazed at the level of control improvement going from the snes to n64 for games like pilotwings it allowed much better positioning in that 3D world.  I don't know if your just being defensive for Nintendo or simply like more simplistic controls but I don't think you represent the majority.

bonzobanana said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Surely you see the advantages of going from the snes pad to analogue sticks and triggers.  I was amazed at the level of control improvement going from the snes to n64 for games like pilotwings it allowed much better positioning in that 3D world.  I don't know if your just being defensive for Nintendo or simply like more simplistic controls but I don't think you represent the majority.

I'm only talking about analogue triggers, and no I don't see what purpose they'd serve in Mario Kart as explained already. And seeing as millions buy each new Mario Kart iteration despite them not using analogue triggers, and how the highest selling Mario Kart ever is also the one that introduced the most simplistic control scheme, I'm clearly in the majority.

Then, pratically all controller options will be available for it. Good.
I still prefer the combo Wiimote+Nunchuck. Easier to perform stunts