By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 confirmed to support Classic Controller + Classic Controller Pro! Video Proof! <(^_^<)

Squeezol said:
That video was surprisingly fun to watch!

That's Mario Kart 8 for ya!

Around the Network

That means GC controllers can work, as there are third party adapters which make GC controllers look like classic controller pro controllers

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam

Adameh said:
That means GC controllers can work, as there are third party adapters which make GC controllers look like classic controller pro controllers

Ah yes I remember hearing something about those! How much are they going for?

I'm using the GamePad. It looks like It'll be the easiest controller to use for Mario Kart besides the GameCube!

I hope the game supports the analogue shoulder buttons of the original classic controller. I'm so used to playing 360 and PS3 racing games with analogue triggers now. I can't get used to the rubbish on/off triggers of the gamepad. It's nice to control the speed with fine control of pressure on triggers or light and strong braking etc. Sometimes it adds to playability of racing games.

Around the Network
Nintentacle said:
I'm using the GamePad. It looks like It'll be the easiest controller to use for Mario Kart besides the GameCube!

It's also the best controller for MK8 thanks to it's screen displaying everybodys location and what items they have. Makes avoiding Blue Shells possible!

bonzobanana said:
I hope the game supports the analogue shoulder buttons of the original classic controller. I'm so used to playing 360 and PS3 racing games with analogue triggers now. I can't get used to the rubbish on/off triggers of the gamepad. It's nice to control the speed with fine control of pressure on triggers or light and strong braking etc. Sometimes it adds to playability of racing games.

What would that add to Mario Kart though? You're either gonna be max accelerating or max brakeing 99% of the time, and you can always just quickly/slowly tap the button to adjust your speed in those rare scenarios where that's needed.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Adameh said:

I just checked and $14.99 on the Amazon US and £15.99 on Amazon UK

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam

Adameh said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Adameh said:

I just checked and $14.99 on the Amazon US and £15.99 on Amazon UK

That's pretty good then since I believe that's the cheapest way to get additional controllers to play MK8 with assuming you already have Wiimotes and GC controllers.

Wii Wheel for men.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile