By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Black crossing guard fired for calling other black man "King Kong"

Tagged games:

Wait.. People get paid to be a crossing guard? Thats a real job? Wouldn't you be like working two hours a day? When the kids go to school and when they leave?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Or maybe he does.   It does seem rather silly to lose a job after a first offense.

Apparently, you can't make any reference to apes or gorillas when talking about a black man.  I wonder if Donkey Kong would be offended if I thought of him as a black person considering he likes to play conga drums, rap and steal white women.

This might explain why Mario has a whip.  He is a former slave owner.

NiKKoM said:
Wait.. People get paid to be a crossing guard? Thats a real job? Wouldn't you be like working two hours a day? When the kids go to school and when they leave?

I believe in USA it is on a volunteer basis.  Not sure about Europe though which seems like they pay for "jobs" that should be volunteer.

I think the real problem is Lollipop Man Vs Councilman.

Ever see shit roll up hill?

Around the Network

Sounds like racism is being brought up to start controversy in this case.
When the truth is 2 employees had a disagreement, they fought and their employer decided that one of them, the most aggressive, had to go .

I do the same with my staff. If they fight and it gets out of hand, we suspend, investigate, then get rid of the aggressor or both.
We don't need to keep them around.

kirby007 said:
thats racism, if a white guy would call a other white guy cracker he wouldn't get fired

Cracker ?
I need to get my cheese

sethnintendo said:

Apparently, you can't make any reference to apes or gorillas when talking about a black man.  I wonder if Donkey Kong would be offended if I thought of him as a black person considering he likes to play conga drums, rap and steal white women.

This might explain why Mario has a whip.  He is a former slave owner.

And he stays getting locked up by the white man too....... Nintendo is like Walt Disney of video games, extremely white washed, extremely stereotypical characters.

badgenome said:
Fusioncode said:
What the hell is a lollipop man?

In US: a man who owns a windowless van and prowls elementary school playgrounds.

In UK: a crossing guard who uses a big, lollipop-looking sign (see picture) and prowls elementary school playgrounds.

Fixed.

LemonSlice said:
badgenome said:
Fusioncode said:
What the hell is a lollipop man?

In US: a man who owns a windowless van and prowls elementary school playgrounds.

In UK: a crossing guard who uses a big, lollipop-looking sign (see picture) and prowls elementary school playgrounds.

Fixed.

It's in the UK so Primary School gates, thank you.

Hmm, pie.