By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Last of Us (PS4) versus Halo 2 (One) RESET- VOTE AGAIN PLEASE

Tagged games:

who wins?

TLOU by 0.5m 32 12.40%

TLOU by 1.0m 36 13.95%

TLOU by 1.5m 11 4.26%

TLOU by 2.0m + 50 19.38%

Halo 2 by 0.5m 23 8.91%

Halo 2 by 1.0m 24 9.30%

Halo 2 by 1.5m 9 3.49%

Halo 2 by 2.0m+ 34 13.18%

See Results 34 13.18%

Total:253
celador said:
JayWood2010 said:

It has always been this way.  Polls are more often than not incredibly one sided regardless of the question.  Its always like this, Sony, then Nintendo, last Xbox.  And if it is a negative option it is the opposite.  It isnt hard to figure out why, just compare the users of the fanbases.  And my guess is the lurkers are going to come to this site continuosly if they agree with people, so again most likely the same as the fanbases. Not to mention how easy it is to rig the polls which im sure many people know how to do.  

I dont want to make a bigger deal about this though, just got tired of people complaining about something as meaningless as the poll.  Just give your opinion through comments instead of staying unonymous.

Around the Network

Halo 2 because it's the best one, it will probably be the first GO3G, Microsoft will probably put it in a great bundle value with of course the bundle king forza and most likely it will be cheaper and let's not forget that the last of us isn't a game after all, the ps4 doesn't have any games (thx numerous people on this site)

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

If Halo 2 is announced and released only for X1, then I think it will win that contest. I hope they release it exclusively for X1 this fall and 360 in the fall of 2015.

kowenicki said:

It seems that both of these are coming soon.

Both are remakes of massive selling games.

I see that the average prediction for Last of Us on PS4 is 3 or 4m in  a recent thread here.

This looks like a non contest according to VGC.  The GO2G (thanks pezus) against the dying tired franchise (thanks Slimebeast).  TLOU on a console winning the recent NPD against a console "that only sells in the US" on an install base of 2:1 by the time they hit.

So who wins and by how much?

People in this site are way too optimistic.   2M for TLoU Remastered at max.

Halo 2 will sell something close to this IMO.

Halo 2 probably

TLOU PS4: ~2 million
Halo 2: ~2, 3 million at most

The Halo 1 remaster sold 2.2 million so I really doubt sales will be much higher on a smaller installbase.

Around the Network

A one year game vs a 11 year one???

Well, I played yesterday some Halo 3 and that gameplay mechanic felt realy slow and dated.

Halo CE Aniversary was a fun campain, but it was also terrible aged.

I hope Halo 2 remake is just a last 360 give away. The next generation deserves new experiences.

Turkish said:
Halo 2 probably

TLOU PS4: ~2 million
Halo 2: ~2, 3 million at most

The Halo 1 remaster sold 2.2 million so I really doubt sales will be much higher on a smaller installbase.

I see no reason for MS not releasing it for X360 too.

dat poll... eniwei, Halo 2

Halo 2 by a mile. It's older, so there's a reason to buy it even if you have the original, but there's really no reason to buy TLoU on PS4 if you have the PS3. Halo itself as a franchise also sells better, and online shooters always sell very well.

Halo 2. Its a big franchise, its a fps and icon of xbox. Plus many people are really waiting for the remake.