By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Last of Us an overrated game? Why make a PS4 verison?

Last of Us Overrated?

Hell yes. 26 16.25%

Kinda 15 9.38%

It was appropriately rated. 43 26.88%

No 50 31.25%

It was underrated 26 16.25%

Total:160
ToraTiger said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

This tired money milking conspiracy again. When in fact everyone was asking for a ps4 version before the game or PS4 ever came out. They gave people what they wanted and as a result people are happy. This is one of the best games of all time, so you’re in the extreme minority here. It’s funny because you have complaints but don’t give any real examples. I'd like to know what you feel is a better game, I have a feeling you'd be in the minority there too. 

Bioshock Infinite, Mario Galaxy 2, Uncharted 2, RE-4, Xenogears, ect.  You know games with originality?  And more that just story and pretty visual.  Don't get me wrong, I don't think TLOU was a bad game.  I though it was good and enjoyable especially since the story was so corny, but I just don't see how people rave about something so similar to some many other games.  Hell even the new Tomb Raider

You said The Last of Us has an original story in your OP. So you think it's original. 

Around the Network
toot1231 said:

my god dude calm down.

remember its just an opinion.

The agitating part is that not only is the opinion baseless, but its contradictory, and inflamatory as intended. Not like the game because of preference is different then making baseless claims.

IMO TLOU was underrated at launch, its not till people played it that it got its awards.

I can't even comprehend running and gunning in the game possibly because I played on hardest I could first. Every single enemy is better equipped then you are. Humans have assault rifles and body armor, the infected were faster than you, could swarm you, and alert clickers, and clickers are immune to non upgraded melee and tank headshots, I hardly ever fought them, in fact I only killed humans to get past them and one of the scarriest moments in the game were those when I was just in a dark area with no enemies, the terror of whether or not I could face an enemy was more than enough.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

impertinence said:
Universally acclaimed game by fans and critics alike, a huge commercial success, the standard bearer for story driven games and as you say, a hugely overrated game (most likely since I've never played it). Unfortunately, stuff like The Last of Us is where the industry is headed, meaning developers and consumers alike are moving towards a presentation over content model where things that look flashy are commercially and critically praised.

Stuff like this game is accepted and even embraced by the community because it is being compared to other useless drivel that is even worse. The standards in video game designs are currently incredibly low and have been almost completely replaced by "OMG!! 60 fps!!!". It's a shame, but there will hopefully always be the indy market for real games.

TL;DR: The Last Of Us is like "Call me Maybe": High polish, easily consumable but devoid of much depth outside of the presentation.

This^

Something...Something...Games...Something

There are times when people genuinely want to discuss a controversal topic

and then there are times when someone only wants to stirr up shit under the cover of trying to discuss a controversial topic.

This is obviously a case of the second option.

So OP, you didn't like the game, fine, I'm pretty sure you tried your damn hardest to not like the game but anyway, that's your opinion so whatever. But what you're doing with this thread is just sad, trying to actively downplay the game and even going so far as to plain make up bullshit. AI being dumb, Ellie saying dumb stuff, Crafting and Stealth being irrelevant on every difficulty those things are just completely made up.

This is one of the worst threads I've seen in a long time and the OP should feel ashamed of himself, not for not liking this game but for fabricating false information just to shit on it.

Oh as for Ellie's stupid quotes

AFTER A FIGHT "Oh look, all this music.  It's so sad, there's no more to listen to it."

There's another one where she says something to the effect of "Do you think there will be rabbits there?"  OUT of no where.

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

Around the Network
impertinence said:
Universally acclaimed game by fans and critics alike, a huge commercial success, the standard bearer for story driven games and as you say, a hugely overrated game (most likely since I've never played it). Unfortunately, stuff like The Last of Us is where the industry is headed, meaning developers and consumers alike are moving towards a presentation over content model where things that look flashy are commercially and critically praised.

Stuff like this game is accepted and even embraced by the community because it is being compared to other useless drivel that is even worse. The standards in video game designs are currently incredibly low and have been almost completely replaced by "OMG!! 60 fps!!!". It's a shame, but there will hopefully always be the indy market for real games.

TL;DR: The Last Of Us is like "Call me Maybe": High polish, easily consumable but devoid of much depth outside of the presentation.

Are you serious or are you just trolling? You just admitted to not having played the game.

ToraTiger said:

Pibituh said:

So you're saying that TLoU is bad rehash of Res. Evil 4.  *mindblown*

You shouldn't be comparing both games in the first place  ~

I see no reason to not compare games in the same genre.  Espeically when they're so much alike and the progeniator does it so much better.

Yes, they both have infected. Other than that it's uncomparable  ._.

ToraTiger said:

Oh as for Ellie's stupid quotes

AFTER A FIGHT "Oh look, all this music.  It's so sad, there's no more to listen to it."

There's another one where she says something to the effect of "Do you think there will be rabbits there?"  OUT of no where.

After a fight? Thanks for proving you haven't played the game. Here's a playthrough. It's not after a fight lmfao.

http://youtu.be/zqBvAQUxlB0

Quick, google the ending before someone asks you what happens. You need to find out the answer.

my god dude calm down.

remember its just an opinion.

Saying something is "overrated" and thus calling others' opinions worthless is not an opinion

What's worse is that you say you played the game for 20 minutes. That objectively makes your own opinion worthless in comparison to those who have played the entire game

then ignore it.

its simple really. dont get your panties in a bunch over an opinion. let alone the opinion of someone who played it for 20 mins.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

I love The Last of Us, I used to be known as a Naughty Dog hater because I'm not fond of the Uncharted series and think its success is largely artificial (ie it's due to mass bundles, expensive marketing, holiday release etc not because the series is that great) but I just adored The Last of Us.

It deserves all the love, critical acclaimed & commercial success it's had and when I buy PS4 I will buy the remastered version. :)