By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Last of Us an overrated game? Why make a PS4 verison?

Last of Us Overrated?

Hell yes. 26 16.25%

Kinda 15 9.38%

It was appropriately rated. 43 26.88%

No 50 31.25%

It was underrated 26 16.25%

Total:160
ToraTiger said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
ToraTiger said:
the-pi-guy said:

I don't really get the need for twists, why is the lack or predictability of twists a bad thing?  Being tired of "zombies" makes sense, but I'd argue that it depends how much exposure one has had to zombies.  I personally don't think it is that big of a complaint.  I haven't had any of your AI or stealth problems.  

I think there isn't a need for a remake, but I think it could be good to have.  Not everyone has a PS3, so allowing everyone who has a PS4 to buy the game allows more people to play it.  And some people had some complaints with the game originally.  It's still 720p30.  Maybe the remake is 1080p60, which will be a lot nicer personally.  

Should have just made backwards compatibility.  Just an excuse to milk their products if you ask me.  

I think it's impossible to not be overly exposed to zombies in western culture.  And people tell me when it comes to TLOU "It's nothing like the walking dead." when I'm sure it was ripped in some areas.

This tired money milking conspiracy again. When in fact everyone was asking for a ps4 version before the game or PS4 ever came out. They gave people what they wanted and as a result people are happy. This is one of the best games of all time, so you’re in the extreme minority here. It’s funny because you have complaints but don’t give any real examples. I'd like to know what you feel is a better game, I have a feeling you'd be in the minority there too. 

Bioshock Infinite, Mario Galaxy 2, Uncharted 2, RE-4, Xenogears, ect.  You know games with originality?  And more that just story and pretty visual.  Don't get me wrong, I don't think TLOU was a bad game.  I though it was good and enjoyable especially since the story was so corny, but I just don't see how people rave about something so similar to some many other games.  Hell even the new Tomb Raider

Your say game with originality but i don't see anything original in that list. Bio shock extremely boring and overrated, Mario galaxy, how many are there now. Been playing the game for 30 years. It's old. Uncharted was awesome in the same way the last of us was. Xenogears I didn't play, but from the outside it looks like just another RPG in a sea of RPGS. People rave about it because there isn't anything similar to other games. No other game till now, made people feel the way this game does. It's on a whole other level that no one has touched yet. Corny story? It almost seems if you did play the game you went in trying to hate on it. The story is pretty epic even in movie standards, and has set the bar other studios can only hope to achieved. Sorry you’re not blessed with some light others can’t see.  This is an epic game and deserves an expanded audience on a new platform. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
toot1231 said:
Yep its overrated as hell.

i played twenty minutes of if and I was just done. It was a generic shooter. I can careless about story if I wanted to watch a movie I would.

I think its a really dumb move. Not for money sakes but for just giving other companies the incentive to re release 1 year old games and expect them to sell. its sending a bad message.

yup. this is just proof you never played the game. TLoU has a huge focus on Melee and limited Ammo. it can in no way be a "generic shooter" because it doesnt play like one.

What are you talking about?? I did nothing but dodge explosions and empty 400 magazines on the enemies who are trying to invade America.

ImmortalHelixFossil said:
ToraTiger said:
Pibituh said:
I highly disagree with your points.
TLoU is a masterpiece, and I feel sorry for those who can't see it.

I feel sorry for people who are tricked by placebos.  This game is like 6 hours of gameplay and 2 hours of poorly written story wrapped with beatiful graphics.  I feel sorry for the people who spent 60 dollars on it.

I am not reading sarcasm anywhere. Please tell me your sarcastic.. Oh man, keep it together Helix, Starcraft is watching.

I'm more serious than a heart attack.  I've never been more sure.

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

ToraTiger said:
sub-zero-TM said:
I don't believe this man,tlou is one of a kind a game that come once in a generation how can you say this? i mean ahhh... BIASED!! :)

Sorry.  I didn't hate the game, I just though there was at least five better games in 2013, and I don't even game that much.

Which five games were better?

Talal said:
ToraTiger said:

Maybe I'll hook it up to my TV tuner and make a speed run.  It's gonnna be boring as hell to watch since Joel runs so damn slow.

If you prove that you can brute force your way on the hardest difficulty without challenge. I promise you I will transfer 1 thousand dollars to any account you want me to.

I could on the first half on Hard without trying.  And Survival mode just didn't feel fair.  But it wasn't as hard as legendary on Halo or anything. 

I make bad threads.  

Manlet Crew

Around the Network
EB1994 said:
ToraTiger said:
sub-zero-TM said:
I don't believe this man,tlou is one of a kind a game that come once in a generation how can you say this? i mean ahhh... BIASED!! :)

Sorry.  I didn't hate the game, I just though there was at least five better games in 2013, and I don't even game that much.

Which five games were better?

I can't think of 5 personally but I liked Resogun more, and I thought AC4 was MILES better than TLoU.  It was still an incredible game though.

ToraTiger said:
sub-zero-TM said:

So what your bassically saying is, the game is overrated because you don't like it.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

bananaking21 said:
toot1231 said:

i played twenty minutes of if and I was just done. It was a generic shooter. I can careless about story if I wanted to watch a movie I would.

I think its a really dumb move. Not for money sakes but for just giving other companies the incentive to re release 1 year old games and expect them to sell. its sending a bad message.

yup. this is just proof you never played the game. TLoU has a huge focus on Melee and limited Ammo. it can in no way be a "generic shooter" because it doesnt play like one.

i really did. I was not expecting much to begin with then when i actually got into the game after the 10-15 minute long opening that was boring as shit. I was like wow this fucking sucks its like playing a shitty version of fallout 3 with the same gunplay as any other naughtydog game.

not my type of game. I hated it. enough said.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
ParryWinkle said:
bananaking21 said:
toot1231 said:

What are you talking about?? I did nothing but dodge explosions and empty 400 magazines on the enemies who are trying to invade America.

true. i loved that part were we saved the president too. ohh and at the end when we got the sexy girl with big tits. 

pezus said:
ToraTiger said:

Oh as for Ellie's stupid quotes

AFTER A FIGHT "Oh look, all this music.  It's so sad, there's no more to listen to it."

There's another one where she says something to the effect of "Do you think there will be rabbits there?"  OUT of no where.

MY GOD! She spoke OUT OF NOWHERE. I can't believe it, guys

What? 

I make bad threads.  

Manlet Crew