By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Last of Us an overrated game? Why make a PS4 verison?

Last of Us Overrated?

Hell yes. 26 16.25%

Kinda 15 9.38%

It was appropriately rated. 43 26.88%

No 50 31.25%

It was underrated 26 16.25%

Total:160
the-pi-guy said:
bananaking21 said:
toot1231 said:
Yep its overrated as hell.

i played twenty minutes of if and I was just done. It was a generic shooter. I can careless about story if I wanted to watch a movie I would.

I think its a really dumb move. Not for money sakes but for just giving other companies the incentive to re release 1 year old games and expect them to sell. its sending a bad message.

yup. this is just proof you never played the game. TLoU has a huge focus on Melee and limited Ammo. it can in no way be a "generic shooter" because it doesnt play like one.

Agreed.  There wasn't even any shooting in the first twenty minutes; at least by you.  

nope there was maybe not in 20 but somewhere close to it.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network
toot1231 said:
bananaking21 said:
toot1231 said:

i played twenty minutes of if and I was just done. It was a generic shooter. I can careless about story if I wanted to watch a movie I would.

I think its a really dumb move. Not for money sakes but for just giving other companies the incentive to re release 1 year old games and expect them to sell. its sending a bad message.

yup. this is just proof you never played the game. TLoU has a huge focus on Melee and limited Ammo. it can in no way be a "generic shooter" because it doesnt play like one.

i really did. I was not expecting much to begin with then when i actually got into the game after the 10-15 minute long opening that was boring as shit. I was like wow this fucking sucks its like playing a shitty version of fallout 3 with the same gunplay as any other naughtydog game.

not my type of game. I hated it. enough said.

So the game is generic because you hated it.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

ToraTiger said:

1.  I'll let you anwser than one for yourself.  The fungus setting, the generic female lead I could go on.

2.  On Surivial it didn't feel hard, it felt cheap.  The other modes were easy once you figure out that you can be as bold as you want when you're fight the zombies, and trick the shit out of the human enemies.

3.  Bioshock infinite, Mario Galaxy 2? 

4.  I never called it a generic shooter.  Don't put words in my mouth.  I think it's a generic version of resident evil with pretty graphics and music. 

5.  See 2.

6.  There was no complexity to it, and I found myself using it just for health packs. 

1- Generic female lead? Ellie? Really?

2- Again show me yourself playing on the hardest difficulty playing with brute force without a challenge and I'll give you 1 thousand dollars.

3- Bioshock is set in a fictional world where there can be a city that floats and people with abilities like shooting crows and shit. It's an imaginary world of course it's going to be more imaginative. The Last of Us is set in a realistic post apocoliptic America. And Mario is about a plummer that fights giant turtles...

ToraTiger said:

I could on the first half on Hard without trying.  And Survival mode just didn't feel fair.  But it wasn't as hard as legendary on Halo or anything. 

I hope you're joking. Legendary on Halo, after the third game, is a big, stupid joke.

So the game is generic because you hated it.

oh no brining out the gifs. shits getting real

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
ToraTiger said:

Ain't no one talking about Mario, but at least Mario is still a game not a a sixty dollar movie.  + Tax.

I gave my reasons in the thread.  It would do you well to read it first if you have questions.

TitanFall looks awesome, but XBOXONE isn't something I'd ever get, nor the PS4.   Maybe the PC version will be discounted on steam or something.

TLoU isn't great because of the movie parts, it's definitely because of how it stands up as a game.  You still need to elaborate on the reasons.  

See my previous posts.  I thought it was a bland RE: 4, lacking a respectable difficulty and story.  I thought it was a pretty good game, but I would name it one of the greatest of all time, or even the best in 2013. 

Am I the only person who thought that elly was a stupid kid? 

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

the-pi-guy said:
bananaking21 said:
toot1231 said:

Agreed.  There wasn't even any shooting in the first twenty minutes; at least by you.  

nah if your quick enough youll get to shoot that guy on the floor begging to be shot

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

ToraTiger said:
Talal said:
ToraTiger said:

Maybe I'll hook it up to my TV tuner and make a speed run.  It's gonnna be boring as hell to watch since Joel runs so damn slow.

If you prove that you can brute force your way on the hardest difficulty without challenge. I promise you I will transfer 1 thousand dollars to any account you want me to.

I could on the first half on Hard without trying.  And Survival mode just didn't feel fair.  But it wasn't as hard as legendary on Halo or anything. 

Upload a video then or stream it and I'll give you the 1k it can be on hard if you want.

Talal said:
impertinence said:
Universally acclaimed game by fans and critics alike, a huge commercial success, the standard bearer for story driven games and as you say, a hugely overrated game (most likely since I've never played it). Unfortunately, stuff like The Last of Us is where the industry is headed, meaning developers and consumers alike are moving towards a presentation over content model where things that look flashy are commercially and critically praised.

Stuff like this game is accepted and even embraced by the community because it is being compared to other useless drivel that is even worse. The standards in video game designs are currently incredibly low and have been almost completely replaced by "OMG!! 60 fps!!!". It's a shame, but there will hopefully always be the indy market for real games.

TL;DR: The Last Of Us is like "Call me Maybe": High polish, easily consumable but devoid of much depth outside of the presentation.

You openly admit that you haven't played it...

I actually agree with the call me maybe part that guy said.

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

I agree and disagree on some stuff.

I agree with:
- Naughty Dog excels at great graphics, a well developed story, and choosing amazing voice actors. Their games will always be great in those aspects. But I agree with stuff like the AI could be pretty dumb sometimes (sometimes it would actually be pretty smart tho, so it was kind of inconsistent).
- Gameplay was slow, even if they wanted it that way to add suspense to the game or to make you feel like an average guy and not a bad ass, I much prefer games where the controls are precise and quick. This was the first game I've played where stealth actually was a must to survive. Which brings me to the disagreements...

I disagree with:
- I call BS on brute forcing your way through the game, cuz that's just impossible on Hard & Survivor modes. You can't punch your way through clickers, cant even use your "sense" ability in Survivor mode, and you cant shoot your way out of any early battles until you get some better weapons towards the end.
- The game didn't really feel like a Zombie game to me, but more of just survival with worse weapons than everyone else.
- Multiplayer wasn't all that fun to me. It was refreshing to try something new, but overall it felt like a slower version of a third person shooter.
- I also really enjoyed the story arc. It may have been predictable in some places, but let's be honest, most games are even worse than that. I think you critique its story harder than most games because it really was more like an interactive movie experience and we expect more from films.

Overall, the game deserved a great score for what they accomplished, but its far from perfect. Anywhere from an 8.5-9 out of 10 I think is fitting. And the remake is not about making graphics better to me, but to give those who have PS4's but not PS3's a chance to experience one of last years best games. This generation has seen quite a few Xbox 360 owners jump over to the PS4 and I'm sure many of them are curious to give the game a try, so yes I think a remastered version is a good idea.