By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Texting Driver Who Slammed Cyclist: I, Like, 'Just Don't Care'

sales2099 said:
Well she handled it rather poorly to say the least.

It can be very irritating when cyclists cause gridlock because they can't take the bus or afford a car but this is taking action way too far.

It isn't bikes causing gridlock, it's the thousands of cars.

Around the Network
pezus said:

"Police say she used her phone behind the wheel 44 times before running down the cyclist."

I'd love to learn how they figured that out

Maybe she was speaking with the police?

I don't understand, that's it, they just took her license and fined her...why the hell she's not in jail?

Mr Khan said:
Definitely seems like it would merit a reckless driving conviction, at least over here.

Not to mention the lawsuit money.

Wish I could say those seem like lenient laws but here in the US a guy got drunk and killed 4 people and his defense was basically his parents spoiled him too much for him to be liable and he got 10 years probation.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Mr Khan said:
Definitely seems like it would merit a reckless driving conviction, at least over here.

Not to mention the lawsuit money.

Looking in one of the comment sections, it seems like the Australian state of Victoria has some administrative bureau called TAC, which pays the medical bills of victims of transportation accidents. TAC gives the cyclist the money up front, and then makes the decision themselves as to whether to sue the girl to get back the money that they spent on the guy.

Being internet comment sections, i can't corroborate any of that, but it sounds sensible.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

ParryWinkle said:
Good. We need less cyclists on the road, causing danger to others. What did the driver do wrong, again?

Well, for one thing she looks like a blonde Snooki.

Spoiled bitch. Does not even deserve the privilege to drive, let alone use technology.
anyone who has that kind of disregard of another human, i hope you rot in in hell you scum.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

In her defense, she is kinda hot.

She's from Port Fairy, naturally.