By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Very Nearly Disbanded Its Entire First-Party Development Division

So....

Yeah. Sony saved console ... 55 43.31%

All hail to Sony. 27 21.26%

They really did a good job with PS4. 44 34.65%

Total:126

That would of been so stupid if they had done that. I'm speechless they even thought of it

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

Probably would have been the end of the Playstation brand and a disaster for console gaming. The PS3 would have done so bad there would have been no reason for the PS4, and Microsoft would basically have the whole console industry for their own, which is never good if 1 company owns 1 whole market.

Makes you wonder how the software division of Sony was doing around that time.. they were probably beelding money.. And before I have to raise a flame shield.. hey I wasn't the one who wanted to cut the entire division..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

random15 said:
Damn imagine a gen without the GOTG. I wonder who would have gotten that honor instead.

A generation without Super Mario Galaxy?! That would have been terrible indeed.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

So that would have left us with... Quantic Dream?

Around the Network
AZWification said:
random15 said:
Damn imagine a gen without the GOTG. I wonder who would have gotten that honor instead.

Don't be silly.

AlphaCielago said:
That would have been a stupid move or maybe it would be a good move.
We'll sadly never know.

no no. it would have been very, very, very stupid. 

it actually could have been one of the stupidest things to ever happen in gaming history. 

AZWification said:
random15 said:

say good bye to those days. knack is coming to get that fat plumber once and for all. 

Thank you based Yoshida. As if he wasn't epic enough...

NiKKoM said:
Makes you wonder how the software division of Sony was doing around that time.. they were probably beelding money.. And before I have to raise a flame shield.. hey I wasn't the one who wanted to cut the entire division..

they were barely putting out any games as it was back then. they also had just two real good sellers, GoW and GT back then. compared to now which are uncharted, TLoU, GT, GoW and LBP. They also have killzone and infamous which are good sellers.