By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Sega handheld market topic (Game Gear 2)

Should Sega return in the handheld market with Game Gear 2?

Yes, I love Sega!!! 39 28.06%

Yes, only if it was a two way race 2 1.44%

Yes, if the Vita is discontinued 9 6.47%

Yes, Sega's Ip's could flourish again 5 3.60%

No, Sega has lost it's identity 31 22.30%

No, Sega can't compete against Nintendo 39 28.06%

Yes, because Sega does what Nintendon't ;) 14 10.07%

Total:139
dane007 said:
Game gear is really awesome. got a mint condition with few games and an adapter on ebay . And it works liek a charm. zero scratches or even finger print marks and came in its original box with all the manuals. Lovely device as its pretty much megadrive on the go.. You just need a bag to carry all the cartridges and tones of batteries lol..

Please do me a favor and post some pics of that Game Gear.. I would really appreciate it since I love Sega consoles especially in mint condition =)

Around the Network

I wish they made a console, but it is all over for Sega, sadly.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Assyrian612 said:
the_dengle said:
Sega has had a fair amount of success on both the 3DS and Vita this gen. It wouldn't make much financial sense for them to take their games off those platforms.

Well with the Vita becoming worse by the day, taking their games off that handheld isn't much of a financial risk. I would say the only risk is losing their buisiness with Nintendo. I do agree with you there.

The Project Diva games seem to do pretty well on Vita regardless of its hardware performance.

The Vita is also an important product to bring up. It is selling poorly for several reasons. What makes you think Sega would be able to do what Sony cannot?

the_dengle said:
Assyrian612 said:
the_dengle said:
Sega has had a fair amount of success on both the 3DS and Vita this gen. It wouldn't make much financial sense for them to take their games off those platforms.

Well with the Vita becoming worse by the day, taking their games off that handheld isn't much of a financial risk. I would say the only risk is losing their buisiness with Nintendo. I do agree with you there.

The Project Diva games seem to do pretty well on Vita regardless of its hardware performance.

The Vita is also an important product to bring up. It is selling poorly for several reasons. What makes you think Sega would be able to do what Sony cannot?

Well Sega has better Ip's that would be more appealing to handheld customers. For instance, Project Diva is a great game for Vita and also the reason I bought a PS Vita was specifically for Phantasy Star Online 2. It's Sega's IP's that are helping the Vita in Japan, so it's not that hard to see Sega having success in the handheld market of their own. Would you be interested in classic titles being revamped on next gen levels such as Alex Kidd, Vector Man, Ristar, or even Ecco the Dolphin? Sega has a very large catalog untouched and if offered exclusivelly I could see them doing doing what Sony could not on the Vita. Supporting it with games. Or would you be happy with the Vita taking the space for a second handheld with little to no games?

Assyrian612 said:
dane007 said:
Game gear is really awesome. got a mint condition with few games and an adapter on ebay . And it works liek a charm. zero scratches or even finger print marks and came in its original box with all the manuals. Lovely device as its pretty much megadrive on the go.. You just need a bag to carry all the cartridges and tones of batteries lol..

Please do me a favor and post some pics of that Game Gear.. I would really appreciate it since I love Sega consoles especially in mint condition =)

kk i have to get it. I always have the sega genesis Nomad in mint condition as well

Around the Network

dane007 said:
Assyrian612 said:
dane007 said:

kk i have to get it. I always have the sega genesis Nomad in mint condition as well

Man that is just pure gorgeous right there... Roughly how large is it in comparisons to other things, just an example would be nice? I would love to buy one, but I really hate used items. I have a pet peeve about used items. You say you have a Nomad as well? Could you please take a side by side pic of both consoles? =) Thank you again this makes me really happy I appreciate it

WagnerPaiva said:
I wish they made a console, but it is all over for Sega, sadly.

You and me both brother!

Would be nice.

They could make retail games (if the handheld is packing enough power) like SEGA Rally 3 (SEGA Rally revo does not count, it was made by a bum studio, not their AM5 division) Shenmue 3, Jet Set Radio 3, Binary Domain 2, Virtua Fighter 6 ect.

They could also have a XBLA/PSN type store where you could buy sequels to classic 2D games (and keep them 2D of course), games like Streets of Rage 4, Shinobi 4, Kid Chameleon 2, Vectorman 3, Ristar 2 etc.

Either way, if they ever did come back in to the handheld or console fray, i would support them 100% just like i have done since 1991.

Assyrian612 said:

Man that is just pure gorgeous right there... Roughly how large is it in comparisons to other things, just an example would be nice? I would love to buy one, but I really hate used items. I have a pet peeve about used items. You say you have a Nomad as well? Could you please take a side by side pic of both consoles? =) Thank you again this makes me really happy I appreciate it

This was taken when i first got my nokia 1020 .